Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This masters degree will:
* look at challenging issues relevant to early years education
* develop your skills in assessing the quality of early years practice
* engage with current understandings of teaching and learning
* increase your understanding of policy development
* draw your attention to recent debates and issues
* enable you to conduct research in early years settings.
This masters degree provides the opportunity to:
* access professional development that is informed by best practice in early years education
* prepare for leadership roles
* develop your understanding of general methodology and research methods.
Length of programme
One year full-time or two years part-time
Face-to-face evening sessions
How are you assessed?
By coursework assignments and a 20,000 word dissertation.
Interested in finding out more? Why not come along to our open evening, Tuesday 11 September, 5pm-7pm in central London? For further information and to book your place, please visit ioe.ac.uk/open
* Teaching, learning and assessment in the early years
* Early years curriculum
* Play in the early years
* Oracy and literacy development
* Understanding diversity
* Contemporary issues in early years education
* Education research
* Leading policy and practice for early childhood services
* Improving early childhood through interventions
* Theories of childhood and children's rights
A good first degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. Appropriate experience of work with young children is desirable.
English language proficiency
If your first language is not English, the Institute will need proof of your proficiency in English. We will accept the following evidence:
* IELTS - minimum overall score 7.0 (with score of no lower than 6.0 for writing and 6.5 for reading)
* TOEFL - 650 in paper based test; 280 in computerised test; 114 in internet based test
* Cambridge Certificate in the Proficiency of English - Grade A or B
If you have achieved a score of at least 5.5 in reading and writing modules of IELTS or 500 in TOEFL but are unable or do not wish to resit an English language test, your may enrol for our presessional course in English for Academic Purposes. Please see for more information.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||650|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||114|
Please see for up-to-date fees and funding details
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.