|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||July 2015, October 2015, January 2016, April 2016|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This Master of Science which is validated by Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) in the UK is an academically rigorous programme that develops critical thinking and the problem-solving skills required for management-level positions. It is designed to expand candidates' aspirations in management development, consultancy, research, education and training, and the foundation for continuing for a PhD.
English Foundation Programme
Le Bouveret Campus
The English Foundation Programme offered by Swiss Education Group is an ideal way to strengthen your English language skills before commencing your academic studies at César Ritz Colleges.
Your English level will be tested upon arrival using the Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT) in order to tailor the programme to your individual requirements.
The length of the programme depends on your personal English level and motivation, with the main objective of achieving the required score to enter your desired hospitality programme.
The English Foundation Programme runs throughout the year in four-week blocks. You may enter the programme at any point but must complete a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 20 weeks.
The programme offers students a minimum of 20 hours of English instruction per week and covers the following subject areas:
* English for Academic Purposes
* Structured Writing & Grammar
* Learning Strategies & Study Techniques
* Reading & Text Analysis
* Communication Skills
* Critical Thinking & Analysis
* General Hospitality Knowledge
* Hospitality Visits
Term 1 (11 weeks)
* Food & Beverage Management*
* Information Technology & E-Business*
Term 2 (11 weeks)
* Management Accounting & Finance*
* Consumer Behaviour & Strategic Marketing*
* Tourism & Cruise Industry
Term 3 (11 weeks)
* Human Resource Management & Organizational Behaviour*
* Research Methods*
* Sustainable Tourism
Six-month paid internship (optional)
Postgraduate Diploma in International Hospitality Management
* 15,000-word dissertation supervised by two faculty members with a final assessment by an MMU Exam Board. Students may choose one of the following options:
- Six months (full-time) at the Brig Campus or at MMU in the UK
- 12 months (part-time upon application) with the first 11 weeks on the Brig Campus and complete dissertation off campus abroad
* Recognized Bachelor Degree or a track record of management experience in the hospitality and tourism industry
* Recommended minimum age of 22 years
* English language proficiency of TOEFL 550 or IELTS 6.0 or OOPT 60+ or equivalent
Applicants who do not have an official proof of English proficiency will be given an English assessment test on arrival. Those who do not have the required English level will be advised to join the English Foundation Programme.
Candidates with a track record of supervisory or management experience in the hospitality and tourism industry will be considered on an individual basis by the Director of Postgraduate Programmes who will implement the relevant university procedures.
To further their education towards a Master of Science, students need to have successfully completed the Postgraduate Diploma in International Hospitality Management and all its course modules.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||79|
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!