|Application deadline:||May 31st, 2013|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Eco-innovation is the development of technical and management approaches to the challenge of reducing the environmental footprint of human settlement. Successful eco-innovations solve environmental problems, and create business opportunities. This one-year, internship-based post-graduate degree is conducted in English by a partnership of university and industry-based instructors, aiming to give you the skills and experience needed to join the next generation of eco-innovation entrepreneurs and managers.
* Learn eco-innovation management from inspiration to solution - ecological problems, technical and social innovation strategies, technologies and applications, knowledge translation and management, environmental and intellectual property law, founding and financing a start-up, and more
* Learn in English in France, at Frances environmental university
* Paid internships with leading French eco-innovation businesses
The programme is managed by the Econoving International Chair in Generating Eco-Innovation, whose research and development activities bring students a rich array of further educational opportunities. From listening to seminar speakers to participating in the Chairs research programme and its pilot projects in our home city of Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, students from around the world are immersed in the theory and practice of eco-innovation.
Employers will see that you are:
* Job ready, having conducted eco-innovation projects during work-terms with industry partners, supervised by industry managers and supported by academic advisors and internship clinics reflecting upon and addressing eco-innovation challenges arising in internship projects.
* Technology-educated, with up-to-date knowledge of technologies implicated in global ecological challenges, from problem-creating technologies to problem-solving technologies, with additional knowledge of innovation systems generating new technologies ready for eco-innovation applications.
* Effective communicators, able to present ideas orally and in writing, in functional international business English.
* Structural thinkers capable of generalizing effectively from knowledge of particular experiences, and equally capable of applying general categories and concepts to understand new or unfamiliar experiences.
* Comprehensively educated regarding the problems and promise of eco-innovation: exposed broadly and deeply to the ecological problems faced by eco-innovators, and the business opportunities presented by those problems.
Our approach to eco-innovation management is highly interdisciplinary, recognizing that eco-innovation is a blend of elements of specific technologies, management techniques, environmental philosophy and movements, sustainable development, and innovation systems.
During academic terms you will learn about these areas of eco-innovation throughout five modules of varying length, integrated to create a coherent narrative, beginning in the first term with a focus on the problems of eco-innovation, the range of methods used to face those problems; major scientific challenges and technologies; environmental and socio-economic evaluation. In the second academic term you will turn from problems and methods related to specific technologies available now tothe aspects related to social embeddedness and governance; your learning journey continues with finance and entrepreneurship, benefitting the first-hand experienceof professionals in venture capital and entrepreneurship, and closes with a summarizing chapter on how eco-innovation works.
The red thread along the program is represented by the Integration Seminar, comprising sessions that are dedicated to team-work on assignments on the eco-city of the future. Using immediate inputs from current eco-innovation projects coordinated by Econoving, as well as your own aptitudes, you will look into the future to face eco-innovation problems, and propose solutionsfor eco-cities. We have taken care to create space for individualized learning to improve your skills or knowledge in specific areas where you have an identified weakness, or simply where you want to improve your strength to become a better eco-innovator following graduation from the program.
Module M1: Eco-innovation and competitiveness in a globalizing economy
* M11: Nature of eco-innovation
* M12: Juridical aspects towards conflict management
* M13: National, European and international regulation of eco-innovation
* M14: Scenarios and forecasting: methods, tools, and measure
Module 2: Major scientific challenges and technologies for sustainability
* M21: Introduction - science, technology and sustainability
* M22: The role of ICT in supporting eco-innovation
* M23: Advanced detectors and modeling
* M24: Renewable energy
* M25: Biotechnology
* M26: Clean production
* M27: Clean transport
* M28: Clean construction
Module M3: Methods and tools for economic and environmental evaluation
* M31: Approaches in Economic, Social and Environmental evaluation
* M32: Evaluation tools (Carbon footprint - Life Cycle Analysis)
Module M4: Social acceptability
* M41: Introduction, issues, theories & challenges
* M42: Case studies
Module M5: Finance and entrepreneurship
* M51: Overview of accounting, finance and financial project management
* M52: Venture capital
* M53: Project developments
You will learn in the classroom and in internship situations where you will address real eco-innovation management problems faced by our industry partners. Throughout two intensive nine-week academic terms you will be guided by a combination of university- and industry-based instructors, studying a total of six eco-innovation modules. During internship terms you will take up a paid internship with one of our industry partners, addressing a real eco-innovation management problem. Your learning in academic terms will be integrated and applied to a real-life eco-city innovation problem in an Integration Seminar combining group and individual work.
306 in-class hours over six modules, plus an integration seminar
* Eco-innovation and competitiveness in a globalizing economy
* Methods and tools for economic and environmental evaluation
* Finance and entrepreneurship
* Social acceptability
* Major scientific challenges and technologies for sustainability
* Multiple skill modules (project management, negotiation, creativity)
4 9-week academic/industry terms
* September 2011: Problems and methods + Integration Seminar
* December 2011: Internship / Work term + Internship clinic
* February 2012: Technologies and Applications + Integration Seminar
* April 2012: Internship / Work term + Internship clinic
Your progress will be assessed on an individual basis within course modules, internships and the Internship Clinic, and in evaluation of a personal portfolio. Your work as a team-member will also be assessed, in the context of the Integration Seminar.
We welcome applications from candidates able to commit to full-time study beginning in September 2011. As an interdisciplinary, post-graduate programme we seek candidates with strong academic records and demonstrable capacity for boundary-crossing learning and application of learning. Candidates with technical backgrounds may be preferred as candidates suitability for available internship postings is a key part of our evaluation process.
* French candidates must already hold an M2 or diplôme école en sciences et/ou economie gestion. In exceptional cases candidates holding an M1 with relevant experience may be considered for admission.
* Non-French European candidates should hold a Masters degree in a relevant preparatory area. In exceptional cases candidates holding a Bachelor degree plus relevant experience may be considered.
* North American applicants should hold a four-year Bachelor degree plus relevant experience, or a relevant Master degree.
Applications from all other candidates are welcomed by the Admissions Committee on a case-by-case basis.
All candidates whose prior degrees were achieved in a language other than English must demonstrate sufficient command of the English language via provision of appropriate formal documentation:
* TOEFL (including the Tests in Written and Spoken Practice), minimum score of 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test) or 80 (internet-based test)
* IELTS: 5.5 Cambridge Advanced Exam in English: B minimum
* Cambridge Proficiency Exam in English: C minimum
If you reside in one of the countries listed below, you are obliged to apply for admission via the official government's website for foreign students:
Countries concerned by this procedure: Algeria, Benin, Brazil, Cameroon, Chilie, China, Colombia, Congo (Brazaville), Czech Republic, Gabon, Guinea, India, Ivory Coast, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mexico, Senegal, Russia, S. Korea, Syria, Taiwan, Tunisia, Turkey, USA, Vietnam.
If you need help with the application process, please contact your local French embassy or CampusFrance office for advice and guidance.
* Application form, completed and signed
* Certified copy of the Bachelor's degree and accompanying certified transcripts all translated in French or English
* Evidence of English language proficiency. All applicants must submit official international scores
* Two Passport photos
* Photocopy of all passport pages and "carte de séjour" if applicable
* Detailed curriculum vitae
* Motivation letter (no more than 500 words) written in English explaining the reasons why you are applying to the programme.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||80|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.