|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||90 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Masters course (MEng) in Aeronautical Engineering is based in the Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering with materials and operations modules coming from other UL departments. This course will be the only one of its kind in the state and will provide training in advanced topics in Aeronautical Engineering.
The programme was developed in response to the needs of the aerospace sector, which requires graduates with advanced skills in aeronautical design, analysis and testing. The course also satisfies the Engineers Ireland requirement that a Master's degree in an engineering discipline will be the minimum educational standard for Chartered Engineer status for students graduating in 2013.
* To equip graduates with a detailed knowledge of advanced methods in aeronautical engineering, including theoretical foundations, computational and experimental methods and engineering applications.
* To meet industrial need for graduates with the above qualities at a Master's level.
* To increase awareness of the opportunities offered by current research in Aeronautical Engineering and its application to current practice.
* To fulfil the Engineers Ireland requirements for a Master's degree in an engineering discipline as a minimum educational standard for Chartered Engineer status.
* To enhance graduates' existing educational base and employment prospects.
* Composite Materials (6 credits)
* Advanced Stability and Control of Aircraft (6)
* Research Project (3 credits)
* Advanced Technical Communication for Engineers (3 credits)
* Specialist Elective 1
* Specialist Elective 2
Two specialist electives (each 6 credits) to be chosen from:
* Fundamentals of Continuum Mechanics
* Non-linear Finite Element Analysis
* Aerospace Metallic Materials
* Computer Aided Design - 3D
* Computational Fluid Dynamics
* Advanced Aircraft Structures (6 credits)
* Project Planning and Control (6 credits)
* Research Project (12 credits)
* Specialist Elective
One specialist elective (6 credits) to be chosen from:
* Fracture Mechanics
* Advanced Computational Fluid Dynamics
* Engineering Mechanics of Plastics and Composites
* Operations Analysis
* Boundary Layer Theory
Research Project (30 credits)
To graduate from the programme a student must accumulate 90 credits, comprising 45 credits of taught modules and 45 credits of research work, as outlined in the Table. Credit may be given for prior learning, with the agreement of the Course Director.
Prospective careers for graduates are very broad including all elements of aerospace, automotive, engineering design, advanced manufacturing and construction.
* The minimum entry requirement to the programme is a 2:2, level 8 undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Aeronautical Engineering, or closely related field.
* For international students, the entry equivalent will be accepted as determined by the Course Director in consultation with UL Graduate School Admissions.
* An interview may be part of the admission process.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
As all international students are required to possess sufficient language skills to attend lectures and sit examinations at the University of Limerick, students should be competent to communicate through the medium of English prior to their arrival. Students must have a minimum score of 550 (paper based) or 213(computer based) 80 (internet based) in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score in the range of 6.5-7 and not less than 6.0 in any one component.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|200 (Grade A)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||80|
This is a new programme. To be accredited by Engineers Ireland.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!