|Application deadline:||April 15th|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Energy is vital for the growing and evolution of economies. It use needs to be optimized: our energy system must become sustainable. Power grids and buildings are a major concern for societies facing the necessity of sustainable development. Grids and buildings experience profound technological changes.
They both converge through the smart grid where the buildings are an essential link via consumers, which become actors (« prosumers » (producers and consumers of energy)). In Europe and world over, significant investments have been for research and development in these fields.
The general objective is to acquire a high level scientific knowledge and skills in managing the full energy chain (production, distribution, use) together with economic, human and social considerations. The training aims to promote to work in a team and to develop the methodological spirit, creativity and adaptability to face all the changes encountered in the career.
Some competencies are listed below:
* Capacities to design, analyze, model, solve and operate a complex energy system matching the entire energy chain (production, distribution, use) and the local policies.
* Ability to develop diagnostic techniques and to solve complex problems by selecting and mobilizing the best analytical, numerical or experimental tools.
* Capacities to work in a team in a complex international and multicultural environment with colleagues from different cultures.
* Aptitude to conduct and manage group cross-disciplinary projects, research or industrial projects in an international context.
* Capacity to develop innovation, to explore breakthrough technologies and to implement them, taking into account environmental, societal and human constraints inter alias,
* Expertise to anticipate future needs, new markets and how to respond with the appropriate strategy through new competitive technologies socially and culturally suitable for the country/region.
* Project engineer
* Development or research engineer
* Business or consultant engineer
* Exploitation engineer
Grenoble has a very long experience of international-level research and always has combined training, research and industrial partnerships. Research is essential to promote knowledge, innovation and technologies. This is a key to develop the taste for innovation and breakthrough technologies. Research is always behind this master training.
For a better and more efficient answer to the challenges associated to energy domain the Grenoble players have gathered in the Energies du Futur Carnot institute for a competitive workforce. The competitiveness cluster « Tennerdis » boosts the actions covering all the« New Energy Technologies » sectors. It also aims at increasing the partnership relations between the laboratories and the companies and still reinforces the attractiveness of the region.
Why choose this International Master ?
* Meeting the needs of industry and research
* Outstanding and unique Grenoble environment with more than 750 researchers in the domain of Energy
* Cutting edge technology platforms shared by training/research/industry
* Exceptional cultural and natural environment of Grenoble in the heart of the alps
Students graduating from the master will receive a solid engineering know-how and gain expertise in managing the full energy chain (production, distribution, use) combined with the environmental and societal aspects.
The objective is to train highlevel master students to be able to take up the challenges associated with the new energy order and landscape.
This Master programme relies on the outstanding scientific and technological environment of Grenoble in the field of energy, and the cutting edge technology platforms shared with research : PREDIS and CIME.
The teaching method is a gradual approach towards autonomy and knowledge appropriation: traditional lectures, tutorials, applying knowledge in technological platforms shared with research or software packages, multidisciplinary practical projects, visits. Our engineering training actively involves our industrial partners who often give lectures. Close relations between education, research and industry are a long Grenoble tradition. The education programme is oriented to develop the innovation and entrepreneurial spirit.
A student coach will be assigned to each student during the 20 months to guide them in their knowledge, skills and know-how and by solving practical problems.
Students will also participate to the lively Grenoble student life. A whole variety of activities are offered by clubs and societies that allow students to take part in activities of their interests sports, sport fans (leading centre for mountain sports), into charity work (ISF/Engineers without borders)) or international relations (BEST Board of European Students of Technology), leisure activities (comics, astrology) or music.
* Bachelor degree in either Science (BSc) or Engineering (BEng) including courses in electrical Engineering
* English language: B1 level
* Application before April 15th
National degree (L-M-D) / Diploma accredited by the French government