|Application deadline:||Call for applications has been published on May 31st; Deadline for applicants: September 2nd; Enrollment: September 30th 2013. More at: http://www.um.si/en/Study/about/Pages/Call-for-application-in-Postgraduate-Study-Programmes-of-UM-13_14.aspx|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Telecommunications master study programme aims at giving students the necessary competences for independent work in industry and research in the area of contemporary communication technologies, which are emerging with the convergence of classical telecommunications, computer and information technologies. The material covered by the programme, therefore, spans from the physical foundations of telecommunications to software issues. The optional subjects enable the students to focus their study either on hardware or software, or to get more knowledge either on system issues, networks, or services.
The fundamental goals of the Telecommunications master study programme are:
· to provide students with in-depth knowledge of the basic principles of telecommunications,
· to provide students with in-depth technical knowledge of telecommunications systems, networks and services,
· to allow students to specialise in the areas of telecommunications of their choice,
· to qualify students for independent research, development, evaluation, testing and use of conceptual solutions, methods and products in familiar and unfamiliar circumstances,
· to prepare students for continued and successful search and use of new sources of knowledge in their professional, research and development activities,
· to qualify students to effectively and ethically work in groups and take responsibility for conducting group work and complex work systems,
· to qualify students to successfully document and report on their professional, research and development activities,
· to encourage students to take part in the international academic, professional and scientific community,
· to qualify students for life-long learning and continuation of their study in a doctoral programme.
Subject-specific competences gained with the programme:
a) profound knowledge and understanding of the transmission principles for information in different forms (data, voice, images, etc.),
b) in-depth technical knowledge of telecommunications systems, different kinds of networks and services that can be offered in them,
c) ability to independently work in the areas of selection, design and development of specific kinds of hardware (e.g. transmission media, communication electronic circuits, transmission systems, network nodes, terminal equipment) and/or software (e.g. communications protocols, image and speech processing, user services and applications), needed in telecommunications,
d) ability to independently use the principles, methods and tools for analysis, planning and/or management in the above mentioned areas of telecommunications,
e) ability to follow and understand the novelties in principles, technological approaches, devices and services in the area of communication technologies, ability to use them, and ability to contribute one´s own innovative development and research ideas,
f) knowledge of the most important state-of-the-art professional and, respectively, scientific literature for a chosen narrow area of communication technologies,
g) ability to work independently in industry and enterprise.
Access to further studies: doctoral study programmes (3rd cycle study programmes)
1. YEAR, 1. Semester (Autumn)
Electronic Systems (6 ECTS)
Information Theory and Coding (6 ECTS)
Design and development of telecommunication services (6 ECTS)
TCP/IP Networks (6 ECTS)
Statistical Signal Processing (6 ECTS)
1. YEAR, 2. Semester (Spring)
Broadband Networks and Protocols (6 ECTS)
Transmission Systems (6 ECTS)
Mobile and Ubiquitous Electronic Systems (6 ECTS)
Optional Subject I (6 ECTS)
General Optional Subject (6 ECTS)
Optional Subjects I (Spring)
Principles of Operating Systems (6 ECTS)
Terminal Equipment (6 ECTS)
Personalization and Semantic Web Technologies (6 ECTS)
2. YEAR, 3.Semester (Autumn)
Project (6 ECTS)
Wireless Networks (6 ECTS)
Mobile Communications Services (6 ECTS)
Optional Subject II (6 ECTS)
Optional Subject II (6 ECTS)
Optional Subjects II (Autumn)
Antennas and Wave Propagation (6 ECTS)
Computer Multimedia (6 ECTS)
Securing Network Devices (6 ECTS)
2. YEAR, 4. Semester (Spring)
Master´s Thesis (30 ECTS)
Enrolment conditions for 2nd degree study programmes are:
- 1st degree study programmes of appropriate professional field, - 1st degree study programmes of other professional fields, if candidates, before enrollment, finish study obligations, essential for study continuation; these study obligations are set according to candidates professional field of his 1st degree study and is evaluated with 10 to 60 credit points. A candidate can achieve those credit points during his 1st degree study, with programmes for advanced study courses or by passing exams prior enrollment in a Masters study programme, - professionally orientated study programmes, accepted before June 11th 2004 of appropriate professional field, professionally orientated study programmes, accepted before June 11th 2004 of other professional fields, if the candidate passes study obligations before study programme enrolment, that are essential for study continuation and is in range between 10 and 60 ECTS credit points. Considering Regulations for transition between study programmes, enrolment in 2nd degree study programmes is possible for:
- graduates of academic study programmes, accepted before June 11th 2004 of appropriate professional field. At enrolment certain amound of ECTS credit points recognized is set by the study programme, - graduates of academic study programmes, accepted before June 11th 2004 of other professional field. At enrolment certain amound of ECTS credit points recognized is set by the study programme, - candidates who completed a professionally orientated study programme and a specialist study of appropriate professional field. At enrolment certain amound of ECTS credit points recognized is set by the study programme, - candidates who completed a professionally orientated study programme and a specialist study of other professional field. At enrolment certain amound of ECTS credit points recognized is set by the study programme.
A Masters study programme can set certain talents, psychophysical abilities or adequate work experience as enrollment conditions.
The study programme has been accredited by the Slovene National Agency of Quality Assurance.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.