|Application deadline:||Oct - Jan; June-Aug|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
|Duration part-time:||72 months|
|Student interaction:||Online group works/assignments|
|Attendance:||Exams and graduation only|
|Teacher support:||Continuous support with feedback on request|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This 2 year Master´s programme is an Internet-based distance learning programme in analysing and modelling spatial phenomena using GIS (Geographical Information Science). The aim is to offer you a flexible and comprehensive training in GIS. All courses are provided over the Internet, including text, audio and video lectures, email contact, forums and Skype correspondence with specialised academic staff. You can adopt the learning methods that work best for you and choose your own pace of study. The course offers hands-on training using up-to-date software and affords the opportunity to achieve deep theoretical understanding of spatial phenomena and the basics of GIS, database management, cartography and advanced knowledge of GIS methodologies.
After completing the programme you will have gained theoretical and practical knowledge about the planning, implementation and handling of GIS within diverse disciplines. These skills are highly useful within all areas concerned with spatial phenomena, such as natural and social sciences, medicine, engineering, hydrology, agriculture, forestry, defence, global change and in spatial planning of local, regional and national systems.
Compulsory courses: GIS; an Introduction, GIS; Advanced Course, Applied Geographical Data Structuring, Research Methodology, Masters degree project.
Electives courses: GIS in Physical Planning, GIS in Resource Planning, GIS in Environmental Planning, GIS and Biodiversity, GIS: Implementation in an Organisation, Internet GIS, Remote Sensing and GIS, Algorithms in GIS , Geographical Databases, GIS in Social Sciences, GIS and Statistical Analysis, Open Source GIS.
Key steps to apply:
1. Here on the programme webpages you will find a link on the right hand side with the message "apply now". Follow that link to go directly to University Admissions in Sweden (this link is only available when the application round is open)
2. Create an account on the national University Admissions in Sweden website and follow the steps to make your online application
3. Send all supporting documents to University Admissions in Sweden at the address: University Admissions in Sweden, FE 1, SE-833 83 Stroemsund, Sweden. Documents must arrive before the deadline:
* Cover sheet (printed from your online application)
* All certified official certificates, diplomas and transcripts that are required to prove you meet the admission requirements
* Proof of English language skills (e.g. TOEFL or IELTS test)
* A copy of the page in your passport with your personal data and photograph. If you are an EU/EEA citizen, this copy of your passport or other official identification must beattested.
* Any additional documents required by the programme or course as part of their selection requirements (e.g. statement of purpose, CV, reference letters). If additional documents are required you will find more information at the bottom of this page.
* Remember to check if there are any country specific rules for your academic documents and review all other official instructions from University Admissions in Sweden.
4. Pay the University Admissions in Sweden application fee before the deadline to ensure your application will be considered (for non-EU/EEA students).
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||575|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
About Lund University
Lund University seeks to be a world-class university that works to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition. The University is ranked as one of the top 100 in the world. We tackle complex problems and global challenges and work to ensure that knowledge and innovations benefit society. We provide education and research in engineering, science, law, social sciences, economics and management, medicine, humanities, theology, fine art, music and drama.
Our 47 700 students and 7 500 employees are based at our campuses in Lund, Malmö and Helsingborg. The University has a turnover of around SEK 7 475 million (EUR 844 million), of which two thirds is in research and one third in education.
We are an international university with global recruitment. We cooperate with 680 partner universities in over 50 countries and are the only Swedish university to be a member of the strong international networks LERU (the League of European Research Universities) and Universitas 21.
Two major facilities for materials research are currently under construction in Lund: the MAX IV Laboratory, which will be a world-leading synchrotron radiation laboratory and ESS, a European facility that will be home to the worlds most powerful neutron source. These will be of decisive importance for materials and life sciences and for industrial development. In Lund, Medicon Village has also been established and will offer a unique environment for life sciences; integrating research, innovation and enterprise creates the conditions for improved health and quality of life.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!