|Application deadline:||April 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration part-time:||48 months|
|Student interaction:||Online group works/assignments|
|Teacher support:||Continuous support with feedback on request|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Medical education is an interdisciplinary field based on research and theory from both healthcare and behavioural sciences, particularly pedagogy, but also psychology, sociology and social anthropology.
The programme provides advanced education in strategies and methods that stimulate and guide the learning processes of students, academics, professionals and patients alike.
Participants will study the significance of teaching and learning in healthcare, for example, considering the patient, professional development, integration of basic science and practice, rapid development in medical research, advances in technology and also challenges of working in teams. The development of a scholarly approach to one's own practice is encouraged. This includes exploring existing knowledge, investigating, developing, changing, evaluating, and publishing results, which can be summarised as the "scholarship of medical education".
The study programme is arranged around four different themes, with the education being based on the students own experiences of and questions relating to these themes:
1. Learning processes within medical and health care from a system perspective
2. Learning processes from an individual perspective
3. Developing a metaperspective of learning
4. Managing development These four themes are addressed from different angles within the programmes various courses. The content is integrated into the courses, and a number of the themes recur during several of the courses. All four themes are introduced and dealt with to a certain degree during the first half of the programme. There are also opportunities to study certain specific fields based on individual interests within the framework of the courses.
Students maintain a portfolio throughout the programme, both to have the ability to reflect on their own progress and as a basis for assessment.
During the second half of the programme, students choose a more in-depth specialisation, which is reflected in the student's choice of both elective courses and degree project. There are four main specialisations within the programme: academic management, educational development work, professional development and subject didactics within the field of medicine and health care. This means that, during the second half of the programme (beginningin the third year of half-time studies), students carry out a research project within their selected specialisation areas.
* Scholarship of Medical Education
* Learning processes
* Integration of Theory and Practice
* Design and assessment for learning
* Interprofessional Learning
* Leading change and Learning
* Master degree project
A Bachelors degree or a professional degree equivalent to a Swedish Bachelors degree of at least 180 credits and at least two years work experience within the medical, caring, or behavioural sciences, and/or two years teaching experience (at upper secondary level or higher). Proficiency in the English language should be documented by an internationally recognized test such as TOEFL: internet based (iBT) with a total score of at least 90 and minimum score of 20 in written test, paper based (PBT) with a total score of at least 575, and minimum score of 4.5 in written test, or IELTS (academic) with an overall mark of at least 6.5 and no band less than 5.5; or other documentation that according to regulations certifies the equivalence of English B at Swedish upper secondary school.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||575|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
* Scholarship of Medical Education (4ME000) - 120 credits
* Scholarship of Medical Education (3ME000) -60 credits
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.