Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||The first application deadline is July 13, and the last application deadline is September 20|
|Start date:||October 2013|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The main objective of this Master is to educate specialists in Industrial Mathematics. The aim is to train postgraduate students who, after the Master courses, would be able to develop technical, scientific, and educational tasks at the highest professional standards.
We aim at a practical approach based on the modellisation of real problems with scientific or industrial interest. The methodology will be specific of each course, but with a general emphasis on practical sessions of modelisation. These include participating in ECMI International Modelling Weeks, and elaborating written reports and making dissertations on the work done.
Double Master Degree
An academic year (60 ECTS credits) attended at the University of Milan (Italy) entitles for a Master Degree at this University. We are currently working on similar agreements with other European universities.
This official master follows the normative of the ECMI (European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry).
Two years (120 ECTS credits) including
* Three teaching terms (October-February and February-June) with 90 ECTS credits in total.
* End of Master's Project with 30 ECTS credits.
Students attending one year in another European country are eligible for an official Double Masters degree.
* Modelling and numerical simulations
* Fluid dynamics
Compulsory courses: * Modelling with partial differential equations (PDE)
* Dynamical systems and chaos
* Numerical methods for ordinary differential equations
* Numerical methods for PDE's
* Singular perturbation theory
* Fluid mechanics
* Solid mechanics
* Modelisation in science and industry I
* Modelisation in science and industry II
Optional courses: students should choose six courses among the following ones according to their specialisation:
* Non-linear dynamics of extended systems
* Inverse problems and image reconstruction
* Finite-element methods
* Stochastic numerical methods
* Computational fluid dynamics
* Advanced seminar on numerical methods
* Heat and mass transfer
* Hydrodynamic stability
* Modelling in solid mechanics
* Quantum mechanics and solid-state physics
* The Boltzmann equation and its applications
* Electronic transport in micro- and nano-structures
All courses will correspond to six ECTS credits.
Each student will do an end-of-master's project corresponding to 30 ECTS credits.
These projects could be done in private companies, OPI's, or in the University, under the supervision of a member of the master's staff.
At the end of the project, each student should defend his/her work under the supervision of a committee.
The number of openings is limited to 25. The Master's Admission Comitee will be in charge of admissions. The admission to the Double Master Degrees will be carried out according the existing agreements and the number of available openings.
To apply to the ECMI Master in Industrial Mathematics, the following documents must be provided:
* Application form
* Two letters of presentation
* Official academic transcripts
* Curriculum vitae
* A brief statement of purpose
* Any other relevant information
After being admitted, official academic transcript should be legalized in Spain as soon as possible by diplomatic procedures and/or The Hague Convention Apostille, except when these documents are expedited by the authorities of member states of the European Union, or by signatory countries of the European Economic Space. Every document must be accompanied by its official translation to Spanish.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.