|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Credits:|| 90 ECTS |
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Full-time MBA in General Management
An international programme at post-graduate Masters level delivered in partnership with Coventry University Business School in Coventry , England, UK.
The programme is aimed at people who have already gained some managerial experience and who would like to further their careers. It offers the opportunity to achieve an international management qualification at a high level.
With a focus on strategic management issues in combination with an in depth exploration of functional organizational areas, the full time MBA gives students an up-to-date , holistic view of organizations in a business environment facing the challenges of an increasingly globalized business environment. With an MBA from IBA students will be better placed to develop and enhance their managerial and leadership roles within their organisations.
The MBA is based on many years of teaching, research and consultancy which have been central to the activities of academic staff at Coventry University Business School and the IBA. As a result, the MBA programme has been developed with a focus on strategic and global perspectives and incorporates the research interests and publications of associated staff.
The full-time MBA programme will offer students participation as members of a growing network of MBA graduates from the IBA and Coventry University - an international network that will provide valuable personal and organisational links.
The programme consists of 9 taught modules (subjects) and a research dissertation delivered over 3 semesters. The 3rd semester of the programme concentrates on the preparation and submission of the dissertation.
WHY THIS MBA?
With the full-time MBA from IBA and Coventry University students will have the oportunity and be encouraged to:
* Develop personally and professionally
* Gain new perspectives on management with an international and global focus
* Understand how to create, develop and sustain added value in a range of organisations
* Develop an analytical understanding of both the functional nature of business and the holistic nature of management
* Develop a range of skills and the ability to apply a variety of management tools and techniques
* Acquire skills to become an effective change agent and an asset to the organisation
Unique Characteristics of the full-time MBA programme
* Close contact and mentoring between student and lecturer
* High academic standards in teaching and learning
* International approach
* Innovative teaching methods
As with the Executive MBA at IBA: "The programme prepares students for employment in a wide range of managerial careers. It requires students to obtain a thorough understanding of managerial structures and analytical techniques to be able to take part in analysing and interpreting issues and cases. Such knowledge is essential for the development of the critical understanding of current business and financial issues, which is an important attribute for management in todays globalised economy."
Coventry Business SchoolProgramme Rationale
THE BOTTOM LINE
* Global and international focus
* High academic standards
* Taught and assessed in English
* Unique experience of collaboration between two respected higher educational institutions
* Case based and problem solving approach
The full-time MBA in General Management prepares students for various management positions in an increasingly globalised world.
Focused on strategic issues and combined with other major functions in the company, the full-time MBA gives the students an up-to-date holistic view of the company and its challenges.
The program consists of nine taught modules and a research dissertation delivered over three months. Each taught module is an indipendent unit and takes place over two semesters of 12-14 weeks. The last semester will be the preperation and submission for the dissertation. The length of the total program is 1 year.
The total ECTS credits of the full-time MBA programme is 90 ECTS credits at masters level.
* M05 EFA Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation
* M11 HRM Strategic Human Resource Management
* M04 MKT Principles of Marketing
* M26 BSS Strategic Management
* M25 BSS Research Methods
* M33 BSS Principles of Strategic Leadership
* M03 EFA Economic Environment of Business
* M41 BSS Innovation Management
* M83 BSS Management Consulting
* M99 Dissertation
Thaught classes are combined with individual supervision and seminar - workshop activities, including the use of IBA's virtual learning environment.
Students are required to have attained one of the following:
* Bachelor degree from IBA in Kolding or other recognized institutions
* Other Bachelor degree-level qualifications, such as the Danish HD or HA
* Other comparable and recognised good degree-level qualifications in relevant academic discipline
* English language - IELTS academic score of 6.0+ or the equivalent.
Management-level work experience of 2-3 years is necessary
At least 2 year(s) of work experience are required.
Over the years, the IBA has received quite a few international accreditations, as you can see below:
The Open University in Britain this was the first British accreditation that we received in 1994. We went through a long and detailed process, the result of which was that we were approved and confirmed as being at the same level as British Universities. From initial approval for the award of DipHE, the IBA started the top-up bachelor degree from 1998.
London South Bank University (LSBU) the second accreditation we received came from this university, who had taken an interest in the IBA because of our knowledge and use of e-learning technology. The IBAs e-learning concept was subsequently adopted by the University. This accreditation enabled the IBA to offer the Master of Science in International Business in cooperation with LSBU. More recently the Bachelor degree has also been transferred from the Open University to LSBU.
Coventry University the third accreditation was awarded to the IBA in 2006 by Coventry University a renowned institution with a track record of international studies. As a result, the Executive MBA degree, which has been running for several years at Coventry University, is now offered at the IBA by part-time study with a blended learning element aimed at addressing the needs and time constraints of the modern business manager.
Network of International Business Schools (NIBS) the IBA has been a member of this worldwide business school network since 1995. This year, NIBS is introducing its own accreditation system. The IBA will the first member to undergo the accreditation process, which takes place in February.