Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
This recently established MSc programme is aimed at those with a strong mathematical background, who wish to pursue a finance career in this exciting new field.
In recent years, advanced mathematical techniques have become increasingly important in the financial sector, due to such developments as the Nobel Prize-winning work of Black, Scholes and Merton on option pricing.
The MSc in Financial Mathematics is run jointly by the Business School and the Department of Mathematical Sciences, and covers both financial and mathematical aspects of the subject, including computational and ecometric techniques.
Based at Streatham Campus, this is a full-time programme running over a twelve-month period. It comprises five core modules, two optional modules and a personal dissertation. The core modules are diverse and varied, covering the principles of finance, quantitative and research techniques, and the theoretical and computational mathematics, including stochastic calculus, which are used in the financial world. You will be assessed through a combination of examination and coursework. The primary coursework component takes the form of a dissertation completed in the second semester, which may be financially or mathematically based. Examinations take place in January and June.
We are very proud of our graduates who have careers across a broad range of sectors and are working all over the world. Example destinations of recent graduates of the School's postgraduate programmes include:
* Director, Strategic Matters UK
* Business Analyst, Dresdner Kleinwort
* Operations Specialist, Bear Stearns
* Business Consultant, Transition Consulting
* Account Executive, IMG
* Financial Business Analyst, Reuters
* Chartered Financial Analyst, 7city Learning
* Equity Analyst, Japanese Bank
* Trainee Fund Manager, Scottish Widows
* Finance Analyst, The Arcadia Group
* Business Analyst, Dresdner Kleinwort
* Assistant Economist, Customs and Excise
* Economist, Bank of Estonia
* PhD Statistics, London School of Economics and Political Science
* Associate Lecturer, Universidad de Castilla, Spain (PhD Economics)
* Risk Analyst, GE Capita
* Trainee Accountant, Citibank
* Investment Analyst, Stamford Associates
* Account Manager, Renaissance Group, Nicosia
* Investment Analyst, Capital Finance
* Senior Executive, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Prague
* Economist, Civil Service
* Global Share Dealer, Deloitte
* Ship Broker, Ssy
* Banker, Standard and Chartered
This programme is available for study nine months full-time over three terms from October to June and is University-based throughout this time.
During the programme you will study modules totalling 180 credits. Please note that all options are available timetable permitting and may change.
Please note that programme structures may be subject to change.
* Methods for Stochastics and Finance
* Analysis for Computation and Finance
* Research Methodology
* Fundamentals of Financial Management
* Research Methods for Finance and Accounting
* Mathematical Theory of Option Pricing
* Advanced Econometrics
* Plus 3 modules from: * Advanced Corporate Finance
* Derivatives Pricing
* Topics in Financial Economics
* * Plus one of:
* * Financial Mathematics Project
* Investment Analysis Project
Normally a Second Class Honours degree or equivalent in a science or engineering subject, with significant maths content.
English language requirements
* IELTS overall score of 6.5, with no less than 6.0 in any section.
* TOEFL IBT overall score of 92, with no less than 22 in any section.
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||92|
The University of Exeter has a wide range of funding available. Please visit -for further information.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.