Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This course is run jointly by the Dublin Institute of Technology, Kevin Street and University of Dublin, Trinity College.The programme is broadly based and is designed for medical scientists. The course deals with the biological basis of disease and addresses the impact of molecular methods on diagnostic clinical pathology.
The course deals with the biological basis of disease and addresses the impact of molecular methods on diagnostic clinical pathology.
Graduates of the course are eligible for the award of MSc in Molecular Pathology of the University of Dublin, Trinity College. Joint award status with DIT is being sought.
Graduates have the opportunity to take up senior posts in the clinical pathology service, in biomedical industries and research institutes
* Modules in pathological processes (including development in molecular genetics, cell physiology, molecular structure-function relationships, immunology.
* Advanced investigative methods
* Laboratory managment
* Theoretical basis of diagnostic methods
* Professional/Scientific Development
Modules in one of the following specialist topics
-Immunology / Transfusion Science
* Students also undertake a laboratory based research project.
A variety of assesment methods are used, including essays, literature reviews, paper critiques, workshop reviews, oral presentations, case studies, a poster and written exams. Students must also satisfactorily complete their research project.
* to hold at least a second-class honours degree in Biomedical Sciences or equivalent
* have passed the Part I Fellowship examination of the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS), London, Part II Fellowship of the IBMS.
* applicants for the part-time course must be employed in an appropiate post in a hospital, veterinary, or other suitable laboratory. Applicants may be interviewed.
* applicants must have access to all of the facilities necessary to undertake a major practical project, to be carried out in their place of work.
* it is also important that students have a facility for release from their employment to attend this course.
|CAE score:||80 (Grade A)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||550|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||213|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.