|Application deadline:||rolling application deadlines|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||90 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Who is the MSc in Management Consultancy for?
The programme is suitable for business and economics graduates who have a keen interest in becoming successful consultants in the competitive consulting industry.
Course Objectives We aim to give you the skills and knowledge you need to initiate and implement organisational, behavioural and technological changes in business.
What will I learn? The MSc in Management Consultancy teaches you how to solve business problems and improve performance, using the tools and techniques applied by some of the most successful managememt consultancies in the world.
How will I benefit? You will gain the ability to think about business problems in different ways and communiate complex issues in a constructive manner, making you a valuable asset to prospective employers.
The programme is offered as a one-year full-time programme or on a two-year part-time basis. You will be assessed by examination and continuous assessment. All students will gain valuable consulting experience by managing and completing a consulting assignment for a client company.
Some students may also be selected for an internship with one of Ireland's top consulting firms, including PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte, BDO Simpson Xavier, Mazars, Grant Thornton, Farrell Grant Sparks and InterTrade Ireland.
To complete the programme students must complete seven modules (six core and one option) and the MC Research Project.
* Diagnostic Techniques in Consulting
* Economic Foundations of Strategy
* Management Consulting Principles
* Organisational Behaviour
* Managing Change
* Project Management
Option Modules for this programme may include:
* Managing the Negotiation Process
* Project Management
* Gender, Equality & Diversity
* Employment Law
* Managing Workplace Learning
* Social Entrepreneurship
* Marketing in Society
* Employee Resourcing
* Cross Cultural Management
* Technology Management & Innovation
* Financial Management
* Management of Banking Institutions
* Regulation, Corp Governance & Ethics in Finance
* Management Consultancy Project plus one option module
You will need one of the following:
* A minimum second-class honours degree in business or a finance related area.
* An honours Higher Diploma in Business Studies.
* A primary degree with a minimum of three years´ work experience in the specialisation you are applying for a related area.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||600|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
At least 3 year(s) of work experience is required.
`Triple crown´ of Accreditation
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is one of a small group of schools worldwide to hold the `triple crown´ of accreditation from the three centres of business and academic excellence. These accreditations benchmark us against the best in the world and position UCD Smurfit School on the global map. Attaining these accreditations requires us to continually evaluate and enhance our own courses and programmes.
* AACSB: The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International is the USA-based body, which awards accreditation following a review of the quality of Degree programmes delivered by each Management School.
* EQUIS: This is the quality improvement system administered by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development) throughout Europe. EQUIS is awarded on the basis of quality controls on the entire range of activities within an institution.
* AMBA: The Association of MBAs is a British-based organisation which concentrates specifically on MBA programmes and accredits those which reach its standards.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!