|Application deadline:||rolling application deadlines|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||90 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Who is the MSc in Strategic Management and Planning for?
This programme is designed for students interested in strategic management and planning in the private and public sectors, and whose careers may involve them in the design and implementation of strategic planning systems. A background in business or economics is an advantage.
Objectives We focus on management theories and how they can be used to solve practical problems and challenges. The programme will show you how to analyse and solve complex business problems, design and implement strategic planning systems, manage projects and evaluate current research.
What will I learn? You will develop the knowledge, skills and ability to analyse and solve problems across many areas of business. The course also enables students to advise management on the process of formulating and implementing new strategies for a firm with the goal of improving future economic profits
How will I benefit? The MSc in Strategic Management and Planning will expose you to new ideas and theory, develop your existing skills and ultimately boost your career prospects.
The programme is offered as a one-year full-time programme or on a two-year part-time basis. You will be assessed by examination and continuous assessment. To complete the MSc in Strategic Management and Planning you must complete five core modules and one option module. You must also complete either a dissertation or a research project plus one module in the Summer Term.
Curriculum Core modules in the programme include:
Semester 1 * Behavioural Foundations of Strategy
* Economic Foundations of Strategy
Semester 2 * Contemporary Issues in Strategy
* Planning and Decision Making Techniques
* Strategic Resource Allocation
Optional modules may include:
* Project Management
* Gender, Equality & Diversity
* Employment Law
* Managing Workplace Learning
* Social Entrepreneurship
* Marketing in Society
* Cross Cultural Management
* Technology Management & Innovation
* Management of Banking Institutions
* Regulation, Corporate Governance & Ethics in Finance
Summer Term: * Dissertation
* Research Project
* Managing the Negotiation Process
You will need one of the following:
* A minimum second-class honours degree in business or a finance related area.
* An honours Higher Diploma in Business Studies.
* A primary degree with a minimum of three years´ work experience in the specialisation you are applying for a related area.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||600|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
At least 3 year(s) of work experience is required.
`Triple crown´ of Accreditation
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is one of a small group of schools worldwide to hold the `triple crown´ of accreditation from the three centres of business and academic excellence. These accreditations benchmark us against the best in the world and position UCD Smurfit School on the global map. Attaining these accreditations requires us to continually evaluate and enhance our own courses and programmes.
* AACSB: The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International is the USA-based body, which awards accreditation following a review of the quality of Degree programmes delivered by each Management School.
* EQUIS: This is the quality improvement system administered by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development) throughout Europe. EQUIS is awarded on the basis of quality controls on the entire range of activities within an institution.
* AMBA: The Association of MBAs is a British-based organisation which concentrates specifically on MBA programmes and accredits those which reach its standards.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!