|Application deadline:||rolling application deadlines|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||90 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Who is the MSc in Human Resource Management for?
The programme is suitable for those interested in human resource management, trade union and management consultancy careers. A background in business or cognate area such as social science, psychology, politics, law or history is an advantage.
What is the programme about? The effective management of human resources is recognised as a key element in an organisation's strategic capability. The MSc in Human Resource Management provides a conceptual and practical insight into Human Resource Management and gives you a solid foundation in current theory and practice in personnel management, industrial relations and behavioural and human sciences.
Course Objectives We will help you develop a comprehensive understanding of the strategic and operational roles of human resource management. During the programme, you will learn to analyse the social, economic and political factors that influence the way people are managed and understand the role of human resources within the national and international business environment.
What will I learn? You will learn the theory behind people management and indusrial relations and develop strong research and problem solving skills.
On completing the MSc in Human Resource Management graduates will be able to:
* Interpret and critically assess the theoretical underpinnings of industrial relations and human resource management.
* Demonstrate an understanding of the inter-relationships between personnel mangement, industrial relations and behavioural and human sciences.
* Apply theoretical knowledge to practice.
* Understand contemporary developments in human resource management.
How will I benefit? This prestigious programme is highly regarded by employers and gives you a competitive advantage in the workplace that can have long-term implications for your career progression.
European Masters in Labour Studies - Dual Masters The MSc in Human Resource Management programme is part of a network of European universities that offer a European Masters Degree in Labour Studies. If you take part in and complete this programme, you will be awarded two degrees: an MSc in Human Resource Management from UCD and a Master in European Labour Studies. You can get more information about the programme on the EMLS website or by contacting Roland.Erne@ucd.ie.
The programme is offered as a one-year full-time programme or on a two-year part-time basis. You will be assessed by examination and continuous assessment.
Curriculum To complete the MSc in Human Resource Managment, students must complete seven modules (3 core and 4 options) and a Research Project in the Summer Term. In exceptional circumstances, students may seek permission to do six modules plus a Dissertation
* Human Resource Management
* Concepts in IR and HRM
* Employment Relations in Ireland
Option modules for this programme may include:
* Employee Resourcing
* Employment Law
* Managing Industrial Relations
* Managing Conflict in Organisations
* Developing Competencies for HR Leadership
* Work and Employment in the Global Economy
* Managing Workplace Learning
* Gender, Equality & Diversity
* Research Project plus one option
You will need one of the following:
* A minimum second-class honours degree in business or a finance related area.
* An honours Higher Diploma in Business Studies.
* A primary degree with a minimum of three years´ work experience in the specialisation you are applying for a related area.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||600|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
At least 3 year(s) of work experience is required.
`Triple crown´ of Accreditation
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is one of a small group of schools worldwide to hold the `triple crown´ of accreditation from the three centres of business and academic excellence. These accreditations benchmark us against the best in the world and position UCD Smurfit School on the global map. Attaining these accreditations requires us to continually evaluate and enhance our own courses and programmes.
* AACSB: The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International is the USA-based body, which awards accreditation following a review of the quality of Degree programmes delivered by each Management School.
* EQUIS: This is the quality improvement system administered by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development) throughout Europe. EQUIS is awarded on the basis of quality controls on the entire range of activities within an institution.
* AMBA: The Association of MBAs is a British-based organisation which concentrates specifically on MBA programmes and accredits those which reach its standards.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!