|Application deadline:||20th July|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||90 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||18 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Civil engineering deals with construction of such facilities as buildings, bridges, tunnels, airports, railways, highways and environmental systems. Planning, design, construction/reconstruction, operation and maintenace of these facilities are genarally carried out by civil engineers. Graduates of civil engineering programmes are offered engineering and administrative posts in industry, construction, research, government and consulting companies.
Civil engineers need to be familiar with a number of disciplines in order to cope with various problems met in their profession. In the Civl Engineering curriculum at the Warsaw University of Technology tere are the following subject areas of study:
* mathematics, physics, mechanics and chemistry, on which much of engineering knowledge is based;
* social sciences and humanities, to broaden study perspectives as well as to prepare studensts for professional interaction with people;
* a core of basic civil engineering subject areas, including courses in structures, surveying, transportation, materials science, management and environment;
* integrated sets of optional and elective courses in areas selected by students.
The proposed educational programme supported by the field practices is consistent with the contemporary trends in the development of technology and fulfils needs of the building industry. The experienced professors provide a high level of courses, which contain a broad spectrum of educational content, with a large proportion of practical activities (projects, classes, laboratories).
3-semester programme and preparation of the final M.Sc. thesis under the guidance of the Faculty supervisor allows the students to acquire comprehensive knowledge and qualifications in the area of civil engineering.
The graduate programme of study leading to the Master of Science in Engineering degree is a three-semester programme which requires 90 ECTS credits for completion, including credits earned for research and thesis.
Graduate studies offer five specialized courses:
* Civil Engineering Structures,
* Transportation Engineering,
* Construction Engineering and Management,
* Theory and Computer Analysis of Structures,
* Bridges and Underground Structures.
Students choose their specialization from the beginning. During studies under advisors supervision student riches comprehensive qualifications in the selected area and defences the MSc thesis.
Some of the offered courses are: Building Law, Property Valuation, Advanced Mathematics, Theory of Elasticity and Plasticity, Mechanics of Structures, Building Materials Engineering, Concrete Structures, Metal structures, Reliability of Structures, Computer-Aided Design, Methodology of Building Process Design; and Diploma Profiles, Dissertation, Diploma Examination.
1. Application documents:
* B.Sc. candidates - Certificate of Secondary Education,
* M.Sc. candidates B.Sc. diploma (or any other equivalent diploma)
2.Good knowledge of English (appropriate certification required)
3. High score in subjects of topical fields (required only at some Faculties).
To apply, the candidate must register online at:
After your account is activated, you must fill in the application form and upload the required documents (below). Process of admission begins after ALL mentioned documents are submitted.
1. Certificate of Secondary Education or B.Sc. diploma
2. Legalised Documentation
3. Application Fee proof of payment
4. Copy of Passport
5. English language certificate
1. Legalised Documentation
You must legalise your original Certificate of Secondary Education or B.Sc. diploma.
There are two types of legalisation of international documents, depending on the country of the document issue.
* · Apostille for Hague Convention Countries plus European Union countries;
* · Legalisation for other countries.
You must legalise:
* · Certificate of Secondary Education - for B.Sc. programmes
* B.Sc. diploma - for M.Sc. programmes
! Please note: for bachelor degree studies, the certificate must include a statement that the candidate can continue education in the country of the document issue. If the statement is not included, you will have to obtain a special certificate from the Polish Embassy or any other appropriate office (Ministry of Education or an equivalent office) in the country where the document was issued.
The procedure of legalising a foreign document is different in each country. Depending on their home country, candidates can do it at:
* · an appropriate government office in their home country - for Hague Convention Countries + European Union countries;
* · Polish Embassy or Consulate- for other countries.
EU and Hague Convention countries:
If you are a citizen of the Hague Adoption Convention country you are required to present a document called Apostille. You can obtain it from the Polish Embassy or Consulate in your home country.
As a foreign candidate you must legalise your documents at the Polish Embassy or Consulate in your home country and/or at the appropriate government office.
Please note: Legalisation mustnot be done on a photocopy of documents. It can be done on a duplicate, on a separate document or, in case of some countries, on an original diploma or certificate.
2. Application Fee proof of payment
Candidates must pay 200 application fee to cover the costs of administration procedures. When making the transfer, please write your full name and give a clear description of the purpose of payment and the name of the recipient e.g. John Smith Kowalski, 200 Euro Application Fee, Civil Engineering.
Please note: Application fee is non-refundable.
Please transfer the fee to:
Warsaw University of Technology
Centre for International Cooperation
International Students Office
Bank PEKAO SA, IV o/WARSZAWA filia 2
ul. Noakowskiego 18/20, 00-668 Warszawa
Account number: 69 1240 6003 1111 0010 5413 2862
Swift code: PKO PPL PW, IBAN code: PL (plus the account number if required)
3. Copy of Passport
Scan and upload the photo page of your passport
4. English language certificate
Candidates must have anappropriate document certificating their English language competences or they must come from a country where English is an official language.
Below you can find a list of such required certificates:
Certificates issued by institutions affiliated by the Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE) - levels of ALTE Level 3 (B2), ALTE Level 4 (C1), ALTE Level 5 (C2), in particular Certificates:
* · First Certificate in English (FCE)
* · Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
* · Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
* · Business English Certificate (BEC) Vantage at least Pass
* · Business English Certificate (BEC) Higher
* · Certificate in English for International Business and Trade (CEIBT)
Educational Testing Service (ETS) in particular Certificates:
* · Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) at least 87 points in Internet-Based Test (iBT)
* · Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) at least 180 pointsin Computer-Based Test (CBT), supplemented by at least 50 points from Test of Spoken English (TSE)
* · Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) at least 510 points in Paper-Based Test (PBT) supplemented by at least 3,5 points from Test of Written English (TWE) and supplemented by at least 50 points from Test of Spoken English (TSE)
* · Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) supplemented by at least 700 points
* · European Consortium for the Certificate of Attainment in Modern Languages (ECL)
City & Guilds, City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications, Pitman Qualifications Institute:
* · English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) First Class Pass at Intermediate Level, Higher Intermediate Level, Advanced Level
* · International English for Speakers of Other Languages (IESOL) Communicator level, Expert level, Mastery level
* · City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International (reading, writing and listening) Communicator (B2) 500/1765/2
* · City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in ESOL International (reading, writing and listening) Expert (C1) 500/1766/4
* · City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in ESOL International (reading, writing and listening) Mastery (C2) 500/1767/6
* · Spoken English Test (SET) for Business Stage B level Communicator, Stage C Expert level, Stage C Mastery level
* · English for Business Communications (EBC) Level 2, Level 3
* · English for Office Skills (EOS) Level 2
Edexcel, Pearson Language Tests, Pearson Language Assessments:
* · London Tests of English, Level 3 (Edexcel Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International)
* · London Tests of English, Level 4 (Edexcel Level 2 Certificate in ESOL International)
* · London Tests of English, Level 5 (Edexcel Level 3 Certificate in ESOL International)
Education Development International (EDI), London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board:
* · London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations (LCCI) English for Business Level 2, English for Business Level 3, English for Business Level 4
* · London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations (LCCI) Foundation Certificate for Teachers of Business English (FTBE)
* · London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations (LCCI) English for Tourism Level 2 Pass with Credit level, Pass with Distinction level
Certificates telc GmbH, WBT Weiterbildungs-Testsysteme GmbH:
* · B2 Certificate in English advantage
* · B2 Certificate in English for Business Purposes advantage
* · Certificate in English for Technical Purposes (B2)
* · telc English B2
* · telc English B2 Business
* · telc English B2 Technical
* · telc English C1
If you do not hold any of the listed certificates, please contact the International Students Office. Depending on your language skills or other presented certificates, the Faculty might accept your admission.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||510|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||87|
Apply on the basis of references from the Bureau for Academic Recognition and International Exchange, or acting under the authority of the Office of the School of Polish Language - such references may be claimed by the Polish diplomatic missions in the country of origin of the candidate.