Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
Arts et Métiers ParisTech in partnership with University Pierre and Marie Curie, ENS Cachan, Ecole Centrale de Paris, MINES ParisTech and Ecole Polytechnique, offers a 2nd year Master´s programme (M2) in Materials and Engineering Sciences in Paris. Most of the programme is given in Paris in one of the partner institutions depending on the modules taught. In the case of the courses of study, the modules are taught in Arts et Métiers ParisTech´s Paris, Angers and Cluny centres.
Advantages of the programme
* A programme offered entirely in English or in French
* The presence of internationally renowned teacher-researchers
* Preferential contacts with the industrial world through numerous research projects carried out in partnership (universities/companies)
* A multidisciplinary approach in high-level materials mechanics, including learning industry calculation codes highly requested by manufacturers
MAGIS offers a top-level programme in the Mechanics/materials/processes field.
The programme aims for students to:
* acquire high-level skills and advanced methods in material sciences, structure calculations, numerical simulation and manufacturing processes in a materials mechanics approach
* associate these skills with a multidisciplinary scientific thought process adapted to the industrial world that can be used to design and produce complex products as well as planning for their deterioration and recyclability
The Master´s programme lets students acquire skills in how to implement and manage research and development projects and be able to propose research orientations, establish specifications, complete applied research projects, review pilot studies and projects, design and test prototypes, products and new processes and coordinate and manage a research project overall.
The proposed programme can be followed entirely in English or French. It includes a series of non-mandatory upgrading courses, a core curriculum, optional specialties and an internship that will be carried out in a "project" approach supported by project management courses.
4 specialties are offered:
* lifecycle of polymer materials and composites
* metal forming, advanced methods and innovative processes
* innovative cutting techniques and intelligent machining processes
* deterioration and collapse of materials and structures
Special focus is placed on teaching experimental sciences in the different modules and numerical calculations with the learning of generalist codes (e.g.; Abaqus®, Ansys®) or industry process simulation codes (Forge®, Moldflow®, Pamstamp®, Procast®).
A level of M1 (1st year Master´s degree) or equivalent in the mechanics, physics and/or engineering field is required. A level of 570 on TOEFL or 730 on TOIC is required to follow the English version of this programme (other proof of English level may be accepted) - except for Anglophone students. Non-Francophone students must have a level of 350 on TCF or 450 on TEF or 1-A3 on DELF to follow the French version of this programme (other proof of French level may be accepted).
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.