|Application deadline:||rolling aplication deadlines|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Who is the MSc in Business Analytics for?
The programme is suitable for graduates from a wide variety of disciplines who would like to use their aptitude for mathematics/computerised problem solving to address business problems.
What is the programme about? Business Analytics is a branch of applied mathematics that uses quantitative and computer techniques to optimise decision-making in business, taking advantage of the large amounts of data now available and meeting the challenges of a dynamic environment. It is a technically focused programme directed at management applications, not a general course about management. This programme is comparable to a Masters degree (typically MSc) in Operational Research (UK) or Operations Research (USA).
Click on the link below to download the MSc in Business Analytics presentation
Business Analytics Presentation
Objectives We´ll teach you how to implement quantitative techniques in a business problem-solving and project management environment. We aim to develop your computer software skills and your understanding of the theory and practice of allied information systems, to make them useful in consultancy and business.
What will I learn? You will learn how to use advanced mathematics and quantitative techniques to make effective business decisions that will help enhance companies' performance in an increasingly competitive business environment. This specialist management programme builds on students' technical and analytical knowledge and experience while providing the technical skills needed to develop software and implement these techniques in a business problem-solving environment.
How will I benefit? You will be given the tools to be an expert in business analytics and get experience with applying these tools in practice and in engagement with leading Irish companies. You will be exposed to current research in all aspects of decision and management science, including work in the field of Project Management, Simulation, Multi-criteria Decision Making and Spatial Decision Support Systems.
The MSc in Business Analytics is offered as a one-year full-time programme or on a two-year part-time basis.
Part-time students will have to attend lectures on 2 evenings per week. Lectures commence at 5pm or later.
You will be assessed by examination and continuous assessment.
To graduate, you must complete 8 core modules and produce a dissertation. The dissertation involves full-time work on a real management problem, generally with an Irish company. It should be mathematically complex with a computer-programming element.
Download Sample Full-Time & Part-Time Academic Timetable
Curriculum There are four specialist core modules in Semester 1 and a choice of four out of five specialist modules in Semester 2:
* Quantitative Methods
* Numerical Analytics and Software
* Project Management and Decision Analytics
* Applied Probability and Statistics
Semester 2: Choose 4 modules from 5 options
* Analytical Business Modelling
* Simulation Modelling and Analysis
* Network Software Modelling
* Decision Support and Business Intelligence
* Data Mining Models and Techniques
Part-time Curriculum The part-time curriculum consists of 8 taught modules and a dissertation.
* Semester 1 - 2 core modules (in years 1 & 2)
* Semester 2 - 2 from 3 option modules (in years 1 & 2)
* Dissertation completed in summer of year 2
MSc in Business Analytics Curriculum
* A minimum second class honours primary degree which includes quantitative techniques and some computer programming element For example graduates of Engineering, Computer Science, other Sciences, business studies (with MIS-Management Information Systems subjects), maths or other quantitative courses who have already studied some computer programming content.
* GMAT or GRE may be required at the Director's discretion.
* Two completed reference forms from referees who can assess your maturity, motivation and intellectual ability. Part-time students can provide employer references. The required reference form can be downloaded from the website.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||600|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is one of a small group of schools worldwide to hold the `triple crown´ of accreditation from the three centres of business and academic excellence. These accreditations benchmark us against the best in the world and position UCD Smurfit School on the global map. Attaining these accreditations requires us to continually evaluate and enhance our own courses and programmes.
* AACSB: The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International is the USA-based body, which awards accreditation following a review of the quality of Degree programmes delivered by each Management School.
* EQUIS: This is the quality improvement system administered by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development) throughout Europe. EQUIS is awarded on the basis of quality controls on the entire range of activities within an institution.
* AMBA: The Association of MBAs is a British-based organisation which concentrates specifically on MBA programmes and accredits those which reach its standards.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!