|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2014, October 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Todays global business environment needs executives who recognize worldwide trends and respond successfully to them.
The MSM/MHMS MBA program raises the standards of management knowledge and practice through the study and understanding of business administration theory based on empirical research. Our MBA students share their experiences and expertise with fellow students and faculty members from all over the world. An innovative and stimulating multicultural learning - environment is created, one in which the participants knowledge and skills are continuously challenged both inside and outside the classroom.
Join us, and meet the world in your classroom!
The renowned Maastricht School of Management (MSM) and the Maastricht Hotel Management School (MHMS) have joined forces to create an MBA specialization in Hotel and Tourism Management. This MBA specialization is open to students from all over the world who have a bachelor degree and at least 3 years of work experience in the hospitality industry. It creates an innovative and stimulating multicultural learning-environment, in which participants knowledge and skills are continuously challenged both inside and outside the classroom.
The advantages of choosing the MSM/MHMS MBA program are obvious:
* - Internationally accredited program
* - Multidisciplinary teaching methodology
* - Comprehensive and flexible program
* - Culturally diverse student body
* - Dedicated international faculty and staff at MSM and MHMS
* - Globally networked knowledge community
* An MBA degree can help you to return to your respective organization with promising career prospects and greater confidence.
* An MBA degree provides you with the skills to take on new responsibilities with increased opportunities for advancement.
* An MBA degree opens doors to new positions, with higher salaries.
* Quantitative Methods
* Financial Management
* Managerial Economics
* Accounting for Managers I (Financial Accounting)
* Accounting for Managers II (Management Accounting)
ECTS Credits: 15
Total foundation: 120 hours
No. of teaching days: 20 days
* Business in the Global Arena
* Finance in International Markets
* Managing Cultural Diversity
* Marketing in a global context
* Global Supply Chain Management
* Leading Change in Multinationals (corporate level)
* Innovation & New Business Ventures
* Global Corporate Strategy
ECTS Credits: 32
Total MSM Core: 256 hours
No. of teaching days: 40 days
Specialization: Hotel and Tourism Management
* Service Marketing in the Hospitality industry
* Quality Management in the Hospitality industry
* Tourism Management
* Integrative Module (combining 1,2, and 3)
ECTS Credits: 13
Total Specialization: 104 hours
No. of teaching days: 17 days
Master Thesis (Business Project)
ECTS Credits: 20
Total 1-year MBA program
ECTS credits: 80
Total 1-year MBA program: 640 hours
The main requirements for admission to the MBA program and the Hotel and Tourism Management specialization courses are:
* Bachelors degree or equivalent from a recognized university, preferably with a foundation in economics and management.
* Proof of English proficiency (required if your native language is not English). Minimum TOEFL score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 79 internet based. Minimum IELTS score: 6.0
* GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score of at least 500 is recommended.
* Three or more years of professional work experience in the hospitality industry
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||79|
The Maastricht School of Managements MBA programs have been
accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), the Association of
Collegiate Business Schools (ACBSP), the Assembly of Collegiate
Business Education (IACBE) and the Dutch Flemish Accreditation
Organization (NVAO]. The Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and
Science endorses the academic standards of Maastricht School
of Managements MBA degree. The MBA program complies with
the standards upheld by the Higher Education Quality Control
Organization of The Netherlands.
The Maastricht Hotel Management School is an officially
recognized institution of higher education in The Netherlands.
Our partnership with the renowned Maastricht School
of Management enables us to offer a very professional,
internationally recognized and authorized MBA program,
including an extensive specialization in Hotel and Tourism
Since its foundation in 1950, the Maastricht Hotel Management
School has built up an excellent reputation. The internationally
acclaimed school is in the top 10 of Hotel Management Schools
worldwide. In 2010, the MHMS was chosen as the best Hotel
Management School in The Netherlands, scoring particularly
well on graduation rates, number of contact hours and facilities
With passion, style and responsibility as its core values, the
Maastricht School of Management and the Maastricht Hotel
Management School truly provide you with the best of both
worlds: a world class, accredited MBA program complemented
by outstanding Hotel and Tourism Management specialization
courses from international experts in the hospitality industry!