|Tuition fee:||Not specified|
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The course on Planning and Management of Tourism has different objectives:
* To reach high level competence that allows graduate students to work in the tourism and hospitality industries and services, as well as in the promotion and development of tourism and of cultural events.
* To offer skills, as well as digital and cartographic tools, for planning and co-ordination of cultural and environmental tourism projects within the public administration.
* To give graduate students the ability to analyse tourism in terms of multiscale territorial processes and in the context of contemporary mobility.
* To understand the methodology of research for planning regional and touristic development and value major theoretical concepts relevant to business.
* To offer the ability of defining the anthropo-geographical features and cultural venues of touristic sites, in order to promote sustainability through the principles of participation and social empowerment.
* To teach the basic skills for the development, management and promotion of cultural products relevant to travel and tourism representations (cinema, theatre, concerts, video-clips, TV scripts and so on).
* High-level positions of responsibility requiring the ability to work in centralized and decentralized government institutions, in the fields of tourism, culture, cultural heritage and the environment as well as in the development of local resources
* Cultural analyst and mediator, project evaluator
* Managerial activities concerning the exploitation of the cultural heritage and environment
* Planner of cultural and leisure events, both on a large and a small scale
* Planning of tourist services, with particular regard to sustainable and responsible tourism and to the dynamics of contemporary mobility
* The training of researchers in the tourism field.
During the second year students are required to attend Internship activities linked to their studies and their final exam. These are in compliance with agreements between the University and host organizations and are closely monitored by tutors and supervising teaching staff.
The Faculty offers a tutoring service aimed at assisting newly-enrolled students, helping and advising them as regards their studies and in compiling their study plans.
Individual Interview. A good knowledge of the English language is required for both Italian and foreign students (B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Recognition of certification
Italian students holding a Bachelor Degree (first level) on such artistic, socio-economical and territorial disciplines characterizing the Master Course can attend the Planning and Management of Tourism Curriculum.
Students holding a foreign Bachelor Degree (first level) can apply for the Master Course after recognition of their certifications according to the ministerial criteria. If necessary, certifications will be evaluated during individual interviews.
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
The Masters degree course in Planning and Management of Tourism Systems is accredited with the Italian Ministry of University and Scientific Research as a "Laurea Magistrale", the official masters degree designation in the Sorbonne-Bologna scheme.