|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
An MSc in Agricultural Biotechnology will allow you:
* to gain theoretical and practical knowledge in the different areas of biotechnology, genomics and gene technology.
* to be familiar with genomics, molecular biology, biotechnology, reproduction biology, gene technology and molecular breeding related to crop production and animal husbandry.
* learn to apply in-vitro and reproductive biology techniques.
* to be familiar with molecular methods in agricultural biotechnology and gene technology.
* to study the legal and economic aspects of agricultural biotechnology and gene technology.
Students graduating from the MSc course will be able to apply biotechnological and gene technological methods and to take on various responsibilities as a design engineer. to conduct research, to develop their knowledge. independently, to apply the latest biotechnological methods in crop production, horticulture and animal husbandry. to give expert advise and to work as a consultant in state administration, international organisations, agricultural chambers and co-operatives. to recognise the problems and to develop effective practical solutions to solve them as well as to carry out research, planning and design tasks. to design and perform projects, proposals, research and developmental programmes requiring expert engineering skills.
The biotechnology MSc course involves two majors, namely plant and animal biotechnology. The course includes 4 half terms and offers a plant biotechnology engineer as well as an animal biotechnology engineer degree.
Name of the course: MSc course on Master in Agricultural Biotechnology
Name of the degree: Master in Agricultural Biotechnology
Goals of the education
The aim of the programme is to train agricultural biotechnology engineers, who are competent in the field of biochemistry, microbiology, physiology, traditional and molecular genetics, transgenic breeding, reproduction biology and dissemination biology and familiar with the practical laboratory skills. The MSc programme will equip them with theoretical knowledge, communication and management skills which, in turn, allow them to become efficient researchers, design engineers and leaders as well as to start their PhD course.
Length of the study programme: 4 semesters
Total credit: 120
* Undergraduate degree (B.Sc. or equivalent) in relevant field of science or related area (Degree qualifications are assessed individually in accordance with the diploma and its attachments, or with the Report of Study (Index)).
* When the field of degree is not related to the chosen M.Sc. Programme, credits of the relevant courses in the Report of Study (Index) will be acknowledged by the admission office.
* Good command of English.
Hungarian National Accreditation Board
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.