|Application deadline:||Rolling admission process|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2014|
|Credits:|| 90 ECTS |
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The MBA course of study communicates practically oriented management knowledge and methods, especially through a variety of up-to-date, applicable case studies. Since the on-going internationalisation of companies also demands solid knowledge about international markets, the course is internationally focused.
The MBA in Business Administration & Honourable Leadership offers people who are working and interested in studying the opportunity to qualify themselves for global management tasks after completing a first university degree and some years working experience. The HSBA MBA programme, which can be taken while working full-time, makes it possible for the person to plan her or his career. MBA students can pursue their careers in their companies and at the same time develop at the HSBA their methodological and specialist competences for the global requirements of the business world. These competences are then expressed by the student achieving the Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
* Course start: October 1st each year
* Duration: 24 months
* Extent: Approx. 620 contact hours
* The study programme accompanies normal work: tuition is during regular working weeks and at extended weekends (Thursday to Sunday). It is possible to complete the study programmewhile working full-time by making use of an employees average annual holiday entitlement
* The course covers practically oriented, in-depth studies of Business Administration issues with a special focus on Internationality and Governance
* Under the patronage of the Versammlung eines Ehrbaren Kaufmanns zu Hamburg
* Officially and internationally recognised MBA degree, entitling the graduate to apply for a doctorate (assuming that 300 credit points, including the first degree, have been acquired)
* Credit points: 90
* Studying in seminar groups of not more than 24 students
* Tuition in English
* Tuition fees: Euro 7,500 per semester, in total Euro 30.000. Partial payment of tuition fees by the employer may be agreed. Support from grants of the HSBA student support fund is possible. In addition, banks cooperating with the HSBA offer student loans on special terms.
Information on the individual modules:
* International Politics & Economics
* Decision-making & Organisational Behaviour
* International Production and Marketing Management
* Corporate Governance
* Law, Business Ethics & Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms
* Corporate Social Responsibility & Corporate Communication
* Leadership & Human Resource Management
* Financial Management & Corporate Choice
Mentoring programme (In cooperation with the Versammlung eines Ehrbaren Kaufmanns zu Hamburg e.V. (VEEK):
* Personal coaching of HSBA Master students by members of VEEK
* HSBA Master students have the status of permanent guests of VEEK
* VEEK awards exceptional Master theses
* First university degree with the grade good of German higher education institutions, or equivalent
* Ability to study in English (TOEFL 90 points)
* Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) with at least 530 points
* At least four years of relevant professional experience in managemet
* Letter of recommendation for the programme
* Successful completion of the HSBA selection procedure
* Applicants who do not possess a first university degree in Business Administration or Economics: Successful pass of a Preparatory Course for Non-Economists at the HSBA
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
At least 2 year(s) of work experience are required.
The HSBA student support fund gives student grants annually in order to support particularly talented applicants who deserve the opportunity. It supports students by giving them reduction on their tution fees (maximum 50%).
Partial payment of tuition fees by the emplover can be agreed. In case a student receives a 25 % discount on the tuition fees from the HSBA, and the employer covers another 25 % of the tuition fees,a monthly fee of 625 Euro remains.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.