Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This Master´s program will offer you an educational profile which makes you qualified to use scientific knowledge to solve environmental problems.
Applied Environmental Science is, quite simply, the way in which environmental science can be put to use in order to solve environmental problems. Within this Masters Programme, you will expand your knowledge within selected parts of this wide field and take part in research projects under the guidance of senior scientists within environmental science.
The program starts in August each year with a course in Applied Environmental Science (15 ECTS credits) where you obtain a wide understanding of the subject and also insight into ongoing research. The second part of the autumn semester, you will take a course in Research Methods in Applied Environmental Science (15 ECTS credits), where you will get acquainted with scientific thinking and methods. This is both a theoretical and a practical course. The practical part may for instance involve that you collect and analyse your own data within a research project. You will also learn how to interpret and analyse scientific reports and develop your ability to use statistical methods within environmental research.
During the second semester, you can take a course in Environmental Decision Making (7.5 ECTS credits) as well as a course in Wetland Technology (7.5 ECTS credits). You can also choose to do an individual Literature Project (7.5 ECTS credits) focusing on a specific area of applied environmental science. Depending on your previous studies and your interests, you may finally conduct a thesis project resulting in a Masters thesis (15 or 30 ECTS credits). In total, your Masters degree should include 60 ECTS credits.
''Filosofie magisterexamen med huvudområdet miljövetenskap'' with the English translation Degree of Master of Science (One year) with a Major in Environmental Science.
Environmental management and research.
* Applied Environmental Science (15 ECTS credits)
* Research Methods in Applied Environmental Science (15 ECTS credits)
* Environmental Decision Making (7.5 ECTS credits; optional)
* Wetland Technology (7.5 ECTS credits; optional)
* Literature Project in Applied Environmental Science (7.5 ECTS credits; optional)
* Masters thesis (15 or 30 ECTS credits)
Entrance requirement is a Bachelors degree in Environmental Health, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Natural Sciences with orientation towards environmental issues, or the equivalent, at an accredited university. Degrees from other countries than Sweden must be at the same level as a Swedish Bachelor's degree.
English language proficiency equivalent of English studies at upper secondary level (post-16) in Sweden, known as English course B, demonstrated in one of the following ways:
* IELTS: score (Academic) of 6.5 or more (with none of the sections scoring less than 5.5)
* TOEFL paper based: score of 4.5 (scale 1-6) in written test and a total score of 575
* TOEFL internet-based: Score of 20 (scale 0-30) in written test and a total score of 90
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||575|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||90|
Each year Halmstad University offers a number of scholarships to qualified students from outside the EU/EEA.These scholarships may be granted to students within any field of study at Halmstad University.
The applicant should be a citizen of a country outside the EU/EES with the requirement of paying tuition fee for studies at Halmstad University except for the following countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Please observe that anyone offered a scholarship has to accept the place at the study program at as well as the scholarship offer from the University.
The scholarship covers part of the tuition fee and will be dedutced from the tuition fee invoice.
The scholarship will not cover living costs and there are no grants for family members.
The scholarship nomination process
Applicants will receive a notification by email on how to apply for a Halmstad University scholarship.
Applicants with a Halmstad University study program as their first choice, will have priority in the nomination.
The committee will award scholarships to students based on academic merits. Usually this is based on GPA but also ranking of the previous university and profiency in English. Halmstad University also favours an even distribution of students when it comes to country of origin and gender.
Halmstad University will notify the recipients of scholarships by email.
The scholarship will initially be granted for one semester, but will be automatically extended for the duration of the study program (2 or 4 semesters) provided that study results are satisfactory.
The Swedish Institute scholarships
The Swedish Institute, a government agency, each year administers over 500 scholarships for students and researchers coming to Sweden to pursue their objectives at a Swedish university. Some programs may have specific scholarships connected only to the program or the subject area. Some of these programs are:
* The Visby Program Swedish Institute Baltic Sea Region Exchange Program. For academic institutions and individuals from Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania as well as Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, and Russia. Grants are awarded for projects and for individual scholarships.
* Swedish-Turkish Program. For citizens of Turkey pursuing master´s level or advanced level studies in Sweden in the field of social sciences and law, such as International and European Relations, European Affairs, European Law, or Human Rights Law.
* Other scholarships. The Swedish Government offers a scholarship program for students from 12 developing countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
* The Bicentennial Swedish-American Exchange Fund. The Bicentennial Fund is open to applicants from the U.S. and awards grants for two to four weeks´ length in amounts of up to SEK 30.000. It is specifically intended for professional enrichment.
* Pakistan Overseas Scholarship Scheme. This scholarship program is exclusively open to Pakistani nationals aiming to pursue master´s level and PhD studies in Sweden.
* SI Scholarships for East Europe. The program is available for master´s level studies and open to applicants from Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova and Serbia.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.