Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
This Master course covers the areas of Microbiology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology and aims to prepare students for activities related to the development and implementation of services and products within these areas. In this respect, the fact that being in a college with a strong connection to Biotechnology, gives the course a distinctive character in relation to other similar training programmes. The curricular component of the course covers a number of units that explore the different facets of microbiology (food, environmental, health, biotechnology) and the methodological approaches that are inherent. In the 2nd year of study, students undertake a research project (Master's dissertation) aiming the development of skills for carrying out scientific research and scientific writing. The proximity and involvement of students with R&D and extension activities will contribute to their valorization, allowing direct contact with professionals in areas related to their training.
The program develops skills to:
- Exploit the beneficial aspects of microbial activity and avoid the non- favorable activities;
- Develop and implement original ideas in the field of microbiology;
- Solve problems related to microbiology, in a professional context and within multi-disciplinary teams;
- Plan and carry out research projects within the Microbiology / Biotechnology area;
- Communicate clearly the findings to scientific audiences and the general public.
Microorganisms and Food Safety
Experimental Design and Data Analysis
Instrumental Analysis and Laboratory Automation
Microbiology and Environmental Quality
Advanced Clinical Microbiology
Fermentation and Enzymology
Management, Innovation and Marketing
Integrated Laboratory Practices in Microbiology
Semesters III & IV
* - Any course in any area offered at the College
To carry out the M.Sc. in Applied Microbiology, the applicants must be:
- Holders of the bachelor degree (licenciatura) or legal equivalent in the area of biological sciences and related areas; or
- Holders of a foreign academic degree in the areas of biological sciences or bioengineering, conferred by a 1st cycle of studies structured according to the principles of the Bologna Process; or
- Holders of a foreign academic degree in the areas of biological sciences, recognized by the Scientific Council of the ESB-UCP as meeting the objectives of a bachelor degree; or
- Holders of academic, scientific or a professional curriculum recognized by the Scientific Council of the ESB-UCP as attesting to the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies.
Applicants will be assessed based on the final classification of the bachelor degree, on the background field, on the scientific, academic and / or professional curriculum, and, when necessary, in an interview to assess, among other things, the motivation of the candidate.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.