Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||May 27|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2013|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences has made a substantial investment to develop a Conflict Analysis and Resolution Program that is designed to provide graduate level education for Turkish and foreign students. Consistent with the philosophy and mission of the University, the Program aims to take a regional lead in providing support for peacemaking and conflict prevention schemes on the ground. Initiated in Fall 2000, the master's program in Conflict Analysis and Resolution has the following goals and objectives:
* Presenting students with an analytical perspective that will enable them to define objective parameters as well as the perceptual and psychological context of conflicts
* Equipping students with theoretical understanding and practical skills in conflict resolution so as to assist them in managing conflict situations creatively and constructively. Various approaches to conflict resolution and conflict management techniques are introduced, such as negotiation, mediation, problem solving techniques, and track two diplomacy
* Encouraging students to apply their conflict resolution background to policy issues related to disputes in or among governments, organizations, civil societies, or corporations.
* The international dimension of the program considers the changing nature of diplomacy in the post-Cold War era.
In this context, the Program treats different frameworks of conflict resolution as a tool to study and generate alternative foreign policy options. The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences is determined to pursue these objectives in an effective way through building international institutional networks as well as strategic alliances with universities and NGOs.
SUMMARY OF DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
* Master Thesis: Min. Courses 1
* Required Courses: Min. Credits 12; Min. Courses 7
* Core Electives: Min. Credits 12; Min. Courses 4
* Free Electives: Min. Credits 3; Min. Courses 1
* Introduction to Conflict Analysis and Resolution 3
* Research Methods 3
* Conflict Resolution Practice 3
* Integration of Theory, Research and Practice 3
* Pro-seminar in Conflict Resolution 0
* Directed Reading 0
* Pro-seminar in Conflict Resolution II 0
Minimum 12 credits from the pool below
* Etnographic Approaches to Law and Conflict 3
* Anthropology of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) 3
* Anthropology of Europe 3
* Correlates of War and Peace 3
* Foreign Policy and Conflict Resolution 3
* Multilateral Negotiations in the EU 3
* Third Party Roles in Peace Processes 3
* Culture and Conflict 3
* Issues, Concepts and Theories in Conflict Resolution 3
* Advanced Topics in Conflict Resolution 3
* Managing Conflict in Organizations 3
* Media in Conflict Resolution 3
* Organizations in Conflict Resolution 3
* Collective Violence, Healing, and Transformation 3
* Issues In Post-Conflict Environments 3
* Advanced Conflict Resolution Practice 3
* Human Rights, Democracy and Conflict Resolution 3
* Conflicts in Contemporary Turkish Society 3
* Approaches To Ethnic Conflict 3
* Internship 0
* Representations of Violence 3
* Seminar on Gender, War and Peace 3
* International Negotiation 3
Maximum 3 credits from FASS and FMAN graduate courses by advisor's approval
For Applications to Graduate Programs (Except Information Technology Graduate Program )
* LES / ALES : Numerical : LES min. score 45; ALES min. score 55
GRE : Quantitative: min. score 610
English Proficiency Exam Result: Any of the following science test results baring the min. scores and which are within the validity period as indicated below. Photocopies are acceptable for application, but original copies should be submitted during admission.
* TOEFL :Min. score 75 in Internet-based test, Min. score 185 in Computer-based test, Min. score 490 in Paper-based test
IELTS : Min. score 6,5
KPDS : Min. score 80
* ÜDS :Min. score 80
* International PhD applicants, in addition to the requirement above, must submit a proficiency exam result, accepted by the Council of Higher Education in Turkey (YÖK) from a language other than their native ones, be it English, German or French .
The validity period for these scores are as follows: TOEFL and IELTS 2 years, KPDS and UDS 3 years.
Applicants who could not submit a valid English Proficiency Exam Result may be admitted the program on the condition to get a satisfactory grade from the Sabanci University English Language Exam Assessment (ELAE). Those candidates who fail to attend or get a satisfactory score in the exam are obliged to attend and successfully complete a full course of English Language Preparation in order to continue with graduate courses. Failure to complete this course successfully will result in termination of enrollment at Sabanci University.
Graduates of Sabanci University are exempt from submitting an English Proficiency Exam score provided that they apply within two years following their graduation.
* An applicant should have an undergraduate or graduate diploma in order to be admitted to a graduate program and a graduate diploma for a doctorate program.
* Applicants must complete their previous degree programs by the admission period at the latest.
* Enrolling more than one graduate program at the same time is not possible.
* A min. gradautaion GPA of 2.70/4.00 or 70/100 is required for applications to Leaders for Industry Gradaute Programs.
* Graduates of any engineering or basic sciences
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||490|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||185|
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||75|
For graduate scholarships, your academic background is evaluated in accordance with the required criteria during the admittance and if you are considered to be eligible , various types of scholarships are granted with the decision of Sabanci University Scholarship Committee.
Although the scholarships go on being granted unless you fail to meet the determined criteria, at the end of each academic year the Scholarship Committee offers various types of scholarships to the honored merit degree students with respect to GPA. Each scholarship offered during education period is evaluated with respect to the scholarship's scope and the scholarship provided at the first entrance to the university may be cancelled in case of getting a higher scholarships.
For graduate scholarships, there are several opportunities for foreign students. Each year, many students are having different type of scholarships.
Arts & Social Sciences Graduate Programs
Students are informed regarding the scope of Graduate Educational Scholarship provided prior to their enrollment during the admission process. Graduate scholarship recipients are proposed by the Admission Jury based on students' academic history, then evaluated by the related Graduate School Administrative Board, and finally confirmed by the President of the University. Continuation of the scholarship depends on the decision of Faculty according to GPA.
2010-2011 Academic Year Graduate Scholarships
Students accepted to SU master or doctorate programs are offered one of the scholarships below. (IT, EMBA are non-scholarship programs)
It covers full tuition fee exemption, monthly stipend payment between September-June and dormitory/transportation support for ten months.
Master: Housing (room for double)(**) + 950 TL/ month
Housing Compensation: 1450 TL/month
PhD with BA/BS degree (*): Housing (room for double)(**) + 1000 TL/ month
Housing Compensation: 1500 TL/month
PhD with MA/MS degree (*): Housing room for double)(**) + 1200 TL/ month
Housing Compensation: 1700 TL/month
(*) The monthly stipend might increase to 1,400 TL after passing the Doctoral Qualifying Exam with housing and increases to 1,900 TL with transportation support.
(**) Housing support covers staying rooms for double. (If students want to stay in single rooms, they should pay the difference at the beginning of the semester.)
TUITION FEE EXEMPTION SCHOLARSHIP
One of the scholarships below could be offered :
* Full tuition fee exemption
* 2/3 tuition fee exemption
* 1/2 tuition fee exemption
* 1/4 tuition fee exemption
Students working within the context of research projects are provided monthly stipend.
TUBITAK BIDEB SCHOLARSHIP
Master or doctorate students who have full scholarships in domestic are provided full tuition fee exemption and housing(**) / housing compensation between September-June for 10 months
TUITION AND DORMITORY SCHOLARSHIP
Master or doctorate students are provided full tuition fee exemption and housing(**) /housing compensation between September-June for 10 months
Aysegul Arsoy who has a great contribution at the stage of the foundation and envisagement of the university- Scholarship is granted by faculty for one of the MBA students each year. This scholarship includes tuition fee exemption, monthly 800 TL stipend payment between September-June, housing(room for double)(**) or 490 TL transportation support for ten months and book support up to 200$ annually.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test