|Application deadline:||May 2|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Students enrolled within the B.Sc., M.Sc., and Ph.D. programs of Materials Science and Engineering will obtain the foundation knowledge and practical skills necessary to understand, design, and apply advanced technology materials. As a consequence of this profile, graduates of the program may expect job offers ranging from basic and applied research in the physical, chemical, or biological sciences to industries concentrating on advanced technological materials.
SUMMARY OF DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
* Master Thesis Min. Courses 1
* Required Courses Min. Credits 9; Min. Courses 4
* Core Electives Min. Credits 6; Min. Courses 2
* Area Electives Min. Credits 6; Min. Courses 2
Minimum 9 credits and only one non-credit seminar required. 3 out of this 9 credits should be one of the MAT 501 or MAT 502 courses, other 3 credits should be one of the MAT 505, MAT 506 or MAT 511 courses, and the remaining 3 credits should be MAT 509 course. (The student has to take one of the MAT 505, MAT 506 or MAT 511 courses that academic advisor's approved.)
* Thermodynamics 3
* Statistical Mechanics 3
* Mechanical Behavior of Materials 3
* Rubber Elasticity 3
* Structure and Properties of Materials 3
* Polymer Chemistry and Physics 4
* Graduate Seminar I 0
* Graduate Seminar II 0
Minimum 6 credits from the pool below (max. 2 courses of MAT 580, MAT 581, MAT 680 and MAT 681)
Min 6 credits from FENS graduate courses
For Applications to Graduate Programs (Except Information Technology Graduate Program )
* LES / ALES : Numerical : LES min. score 45; ALES min. score 55
GRE : Quantitative: min. score 610
English Proficiency Exam Result: Any of the following science test results baring the min. scores and which are within the validity period as indicated below. Photocopies are acceptable for application, but original copies should be submitted during admission.
* TOEFL :Min. score 75 in Internet-based test, Min. score 185 in Computer-based test, Min. score 490 in Paper-based test
IELTS : Min. score 6,5
KPDS : Min. score 80
* ÜDS :Min. score 80
* International PhD applicants, in addition to the requirement above, must submit a proficiency exam result, accepted by the Council of Higher Education in Turkey (YÖK) from a language other than their native ones, be it English, German or French .
The validity period for these scores are as follows: TOEFL and IELTS 2 years, KPDS and UDS 3 years.
Applicants who could not submit a valid English Proficiency Exam Result may be admitted the program on the condition to get a satisfactory grade from the Sabanci University English Language Exam Assessment (ELAE). Those candidates who fail to attend or get a satisfactory score in the exam are obliged to attend and successfully complete a full course of English Language Preparation in order to continue with graduate courses. Failure to complete this course successfully will result in termination of enrollment at Sabanci University.
Graduates of Sabanci University are exempt from submitting an English Proficiency Exam score provided that they apply within two years following their graduation.
* An applicant should have an undergraduate or graduate diploma in order to be admitted to a graduate program and a graduate diploma for a doctorate program.
* Applicants must complete their previous degree programs by the admission period at the latest.
* Enrolling more than one graduate program at the same time is not possible.
* A min. gradautaion GPA of 2.70/4.00 or 70/100 is required for applications to Leaders for Industry Gradaute Programs.
* Graduates of any engineering or basic sciences
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||490|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||75|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.