Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||19 November 2012 until 14 February 2013|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||August 2013|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
STRATEGIC THINKING FOR FUTURE FINANCIAL MANAGERS
The International Masters Degree in Strategic Finance (MSF) integrates corporate finance and strategic research disciplines including the specifics of international financial markets. In international financial market conditions the specific nuance is to understand the conditions in challenging financial environments like in emerging markets. By combining these three specific knowledge areas the MSF programme is meeting the needs of global firms operating in turbulent environments facing growing challenges in their strategic financial management. The important objectives of the programme are to familiarize the students with the main areas of investigation and research techniques used in finance, strategic management and International financial markets, and to give them the general knowledge required to specialize in the strategic finance.
The combination of three important knowledge areas makes MSF programme a unique set of expertise blended with all the theoretical and practical knowledge of modern finance and thus, is practical and career-oriented.
Focus of MSF programme The programme in Strategic Finance aims to assist students enhance their managerial effectiveness within the field of finance and strategic management. The programme also aims to achieve its goals of producing qualified professionals by providing a very thorough grounding in the principles and practice of finance including corporate finance, strategic management, accounting, econometrics, and international finance.
The primary objectives of the programme are:
* to enable a systematic understanding and linking the knowledge areas and processes in corporate finance, firm strategies and in financial markets including the current functions and future developments within these areas.
* to develop critical, analytical, problem-based learning skills and transferable quantitative skills to prepare the student for professional career.
* to enable the student to continue to engage in lifelong learning, study and enquiry.
* to assist the student to develop further skills required for both autonomous practice and team-working.
* to encourage students to adopt an analytical and creative approach to study and to develop the ability to argue rationally, communicate clearly and form sound judgments.
* to enhance students knowledge, skills and abilities through the execution of a Masters level thesis.
corresponds to 120 ECTS credits and leads to the degrees of Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration at LUT, School of Business. The language of tuition in the programme is English.
The curriculum consists of core courses in field of corporate finance, international financial management, international accounting and security valuation comprehended with specialized modules in the fields of strategic research and international financial markets. There is possibility to elect courses among a wide range of electives along with a minimum of 6 ECTS of language studies. The course work is followed by a master level thesis about a latest topic of strategic finance.
The content of the MSF programme:
Study year 1:
* International Accounting and Analysis
* Managerial Finance
* Corporate Strategy for Emerging Markets
* Introduction to Business Strategy Research
* Financial Econometrics
* Financial Modeling
* International Financial Management
* Theory of Corporate Finance
* Empirical Strategy Research
* Organization and Strategy Work in Global Context
* Empirical Research in Accounting and Finance
Study year 2:
* Valuation of Financial Securities
* Introduction to Modern Economics
* Consulting Project
* Financial Risk Management
* International Finance and Emerging Markets
* Master's Thesis
In addition language studies during study year one and two.
Applicants with the following degrees are eligible for the MSF programme:
* Finnish lower university degree in business administration (Bachelor of Science (Economics and Business Administration))
* Bachelor of Business Administration (tradenomi) from a university of applied sciences
* Russian Specialist degree in the related field
* Finnish university degree from a field other than business administration (*a minimum of 40 ECTS credits of business studies or sufficiently corresponding studies is required)
* Foreign university degree that provides eligibility for similar studies in the country in question, such a degree may also be an American-style, university-level BBA programme or an American-style, university-level, internationally accredited MBA programme (*a minimum of 80 ECTS credits of business studies or sufficiently corresponding studies is required)
* Applicants with a Finnish or foreign higher university degree in business administration (Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration)) are not eligible
* For example studies in the following areas are considered as business administration studies: accounting, marketing, finance, management and organisations, business law, economics, supply management, logistics and knowledge management. In addition, methodology studies are accepted as business administration studies. Business studies have to be carried out in at least three different business disciplines.
Important! It is the applicants responsibility to list the business studies according to discipline in a separate appendix to the application.
Please note: If you are still studying or awaiting results, you may apply, but your degree must be completed and the degree certificate copy to be submitted to LUT latest by July 15, 2011.
The applicant must present a language test certificate as proof of English skills.
The English language tests accepted and their minimum scores are:
* TOEFL 80 iBT or 550 PBT or
* IELTS 6.0 or
* Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), grade A, B or C
* PTE Academic 54
Important! A language certificate from a foreign applicant's home university is not sufficient.
TOEFL and IELTS certificates are valid for two years from the day they are issued. CAE and CPE are valid indefinitely and there are no limitations to the oldest accepted date of issue.
A language certificate is not needed if the applicant has completed his or her degree in English in an EU/EEA member state, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, or the US. The fact that the language of education was English must be mentioned in the degree certificate, its appendix, transcript or separate official document provided by the higher education institution.
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||550|
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||80|
Scholarships and financial aid
LUT offers tuition fee scholarships based on academic excellence to support the studies of international students at our university. The tuition fee scholarship covers the tuition fee.
LUT also offers full scholarships based on academic excellence and need for financial aid to support the studies of students at our university. The full scholarship covers the tuition fee and living expenses. Please note that there is a very limited number of full scholarships available to LUT's students.
The student candidates have the opportunity to apply for a LUT scholarship. More information about the dates and the process from Applying for Scholarship -page.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.