|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, January 2015, September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
You should consider this degree if you wish to pursue postgraduate studies but would prefer to develop your own programme of work rather than take up a named award. This open programme complements the Schools named MSc programmes. It enables you to discuss your individual academic needs with School staff and to agree a personalised schedule of learning.
The programme includes a dissertation, which represents the pinnacle of individual achievement on the programme. This will be a sophisticated way for you to demonstrate your abilities and the levels of comprehension and understanding that you have achieved.
You will use skills developed throughout the programme to prepare this. These include the enterprise and initiative skills required for thorough investigation and research into a chosen topic, the motivation and time management skills necessary to produce a substantive and organised piece of written work, and the ability to synthesise and integrate complex information.
The university is investing £76 million in a new building to house the campus library, TV studios and academic facilities for disciplines including architecture, design and construction. Stockwell Street is a short walk from the Greenwich Campus and this programme will be delivered there from 2014.
This programme offers a route to a higher degree by research and career progression for those already in employment.
The aims of the programme are:
* To help you plan and structure a unique programme of study suited to your particular background and interests in the built environment
* To provide you with a broad knowledge of the built environment
* To develop your management skills, techniques and abilities
* To develop your ability to generate management solutions to problems in the built environment.
* Critical Thinking (10 credits)
* Principles of Management (20 credits)
* Research Methods (10 credits)
* Dissertation (40 credits)
* Five 20-credit options from a range including: Building Rehabilitation; Comparative Urban and Regional Studies; Construction Economics Construction Management; Development Economics and Planning; Facilities Management; Project Management; Managing within a Sustainable Environment; Real Estate Development and Investment; Risk Management (100 credits)
Applicants should have:
An honours degree or equivalent in a built environment discipline, such as civil engineering, construction, surveying or architecture
PLUS corporate membership of an appropriate design, property or construction profession.
Applicants with other first degrees are considered on an individual basis.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|60 (Grade C)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.
List of bursaries and scholarships
* Access Scholarship
* Alumni Progression Bursary
* Aspire@Greenwich Scheme for learning resources
* Care Leavers' Bursary
* David Fussey Choral Exhibition Bursary
* First Class Honours Bursary
* Gravesend Rugby Football Bursary
* Greenwich Hospital Bursary
* Royal Navy and Royal Marines Bursary
* Gurkha Personnel Bursary
* Harry Persaud Scholarship
* High Achievement Scholarship
* John McWilliam bursary
* Minerva Scholarship
* National Scholarship Programme
* Nationality Scholarship
* People's Republic of China Scholarship
* The Robert Holman Bursary
* Sir William Boreman's Foundation Bursary