|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015, January 2016|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme offers graduates and engineers an opportunity to update technical knowledge and enhance skills to serve the future demands of the construction industry, to participate in professional development and to achieve career progression.
Through this programme, students develop their technical skills and knowledge, as well as their professional, analytical and management skills, to an advanced level. In particular, the programme seeks to provide a broad subject-specific curriculum with specialism achieved through the major project.
The School seeks to make the postgraduate experience both challenging and rewarding, and, by working closely with industry, strives to ensure the industrial relevance of its programmes.
The aims of the programme are:
* To enhance specialist knowledge in selected areas of civil engineering which build upon studies at the undergraduate level
* To develop a broader insight into aspects of civil engineering design
* To develop critical insight into broader management issues relating to civil engineering in particular and construction in general.
* Principles of Management in Civil Engineering (15 credits)
* Analysis and Management of Risk in Civil Engineering (15 credits)
* Research Methodology (15 credits)
* Computer Modelling of Civil Engineering Problems (15 credits)
* Individual Project (60 credits)
* One option from: Bridge Design and Assessment; Water and Environmental Management; Design of Concrete Structures (15 credits)
* Two 15-credit options from: Analysis and Design for Seismic Action; Systems Modelling in the Water Environment; Highway Engineering; River Basin Sustainable Management (30 credits)
* One option from: Management and Technology for Civil Engineers; Environmental Engineering; Global Engineering Theory and Practice (15 credits)
Applicants should have:
An accredited degree in civil engineering (2.2 or above) or an equivalent qualification.
Students without a first degree but with professional and vocational experience (e.g. incorporated engineer status) may be considered if they demonstrate the potential to succeed on the programme.
Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above with no skill less than 5.5.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|180 (Grade C)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
The programme is accredited by the JMB, comprising the Institution of Civil Engineers and Institution of Structural Engineers and two other institutions, as meeting the requirements for further learning for a Chartered Engineer.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!