|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015, January 2016|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme offers graduates and engineers an opportunity to update technical knowledge and enhance skills to serve the future demands of the construction industry, to participate in professional development and to achieve career progression.
Through this programme, students develop their technical skills and knowledge, as well as their professional, analytical and management skills, to an advanced level. In particular, the programme seeks to provide a broad subject-specific curriculum with specialism achieved through the major project.
The School seeks to make the postgraduate experience both challenging and rewarding, and, by working closely with industry, strives to ensure the industrial relevance of its programmes.
The aims of the programme are:
* To enhance specialist knowledge in selected areas of civil engineering which build upon studies at the undergraduate level
* To develop a broader insight into aspects of civil engineering design
* To develop critical insight into broader management issues relating to civil engineering in particular and construction in general.
* Principles of Management in Civil Engineering (15 credits)
* Analysis and Management of Risk in Civil Engineering (15 credits)
* Research Methodology (15 credits)
* Computer Modelling of Civil Engineering Problems (15 credits)
* Individual Project (60 credits)
* One option from: Bridge Design and Assessment; Water and Environmental Management; Design of Concrete Structures (15 credits)
* Two 15-credit options from: Analysis and Design for Seismic Action; Systems Modelling in the Water Environment; Highway Engineering; River Basin Sustainable Management (30 credits)
* One option from: Management and Technology for Civil Engineers; Environmental Engineering; Global Engineering Theory and Practice (15 credits)
Applicants should have:
An accredited degree in civil engineering (2.2 or above) or an equivalent qualification.
Students without a first degree but with professional and vocational experience (e.g. incorporated engineer status) may be considered if they demonstrate the potential to succeed on the programme.
Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above with no skill less than 5.5.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|60 (Grade C)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.
List of bursaries and scholarships
* Access Scholarship
* Alumni Progression Bursary
* Aspire@Greenwich Scheme for learning resources
* Care Leavers' Bursary
* David Fussey Choral Exhibition Bursary
* First Class Honours Bursary
* Gravesend Rugby Football Bursary
* Greenwich Hospital Bursary
* Royal Navy and Royal Marines Bursary
* Gurkha Personnel Bursary
* Harry Persaud Scholarship
* High Achievement Scholarship
* John McWilliam bursary
* Minerva Scholarship
* National Scholarship Programme
* Nationality Scholarship
* People's Republic of China Scholarship
* The Robert Holman Bursary
* Sir William Boreman's Foundation Bursary
The programme is accredited by the JMB, comprising the Institution of Civil Engineers and Institution of Structural Engineers and two other institutions, as meeting the requirements for further learning for a Chartered Engineer.