|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme is offered in partnership with the Institute of International Education in London. Students are given an academically rigorous programme that explores linguistics issues relating to the Japanese language. It also analyses research in applied linguistics, particularly research activities and themes that impinge on the language learning environment, such as second language acquisition, language testing, communicative language learning and classroom-based research.
The programme also explores the interface between research in language learning and the practical learning environment, with an emphasis on the teaching of Japanese, and evaluates the role and future of information technology within a resource-based language-learning framework.
Graduates may consider a role as a language teacher in schools, colleges or universities.
The aims of the programme are:
* To explore linguistics issues in the Japanese language
* To analyse the research in applied linguistics, in particular the research activities and themes that impinge on the language learning environment such as second language acquisition, language testing, communicative language learning and classroom-based research
* To explore the interface between research in language learning and the practical learning environment with an emphasis on the teaching of Japanese
* To evaluate the role and future of information technology within source-based language learning framework
* To develop an awareness of non-traditional (i.e. non-classroom teaching) methods of language learning.
* Japanese Language and Analysis (15 credits, Term 1)
* Research Methods in Language Learning (30 credits, Term 1)
* Second Language Acquisition (30 credits, Term 1)
* Japanese Teaching Methodology (15 credits, Term 2)
* Key Issues in Second Language Teaching (30 credits, Term 2)
* Research Project (60 credits)
Applicants should have:
An undergraduate degree classification of 2.1 or above in a relevant discipline (in exceptional circumstances a 2.2 may be considered)
PLUS a PGDip in Japanese language teaching offered by the Institute of International Education
OR an equivalent teaching qualification.
If your first or main language is not English, IELTS 6.5 or equivalent is required.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|180 (Grade C)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!