|Application deadline:||As early as possible|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, January 2015|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme provides graduates with an insight into measures that are required to provide a supply of safe and wholesome food to consumers globally. A wide spectrum of food safety and quality management issues are addressed following the farm to fork approach.
Topics covered include: good governance and national control systems; food inspection and testing services; legislation and private standards; and management of food safety and quality within the supply chain as well as in hotels and restaurants.
Students also acquire a knowledge of the design and management of safety and quality management systems based upon risk analysis, e.g. Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), ISO 9001:2008 designed to meet the requirements of national and international legislation and private standards.
Individual courses are offered on a stand-alone basis. These are attended by professionals working in the food industry. This gives our postgraduate students the opportunity to interact with and learn from a range of practitioners.
These programmes provide professional development for government officials, environmental health officers and those employed in the food industry, such as food technologists, postharvest technologists, food chemists, food microbiologists and laboratory staff.
The aims of the programme are:
* To prepare graduates for careers in the national and international food chain, e.g. food businesses, consultancy, research and development
* To equip graduates with the knowledge and skills that will enhance their employability
* To enrich graduates understanding of the dynamics of food safety and quality management systems and the context under which they operate at national and international levels.
* Food Safety (30 credits)
* Food Safety and Quality Management (30 credits)
* Research Methods (15 credits)
* Research Project (MSc only) (60 credits)
* Two or three options chosen from a range of themes running across the programme (45 credits)
* Medway Campus
1 year full-time
2-3 years part-time
Applicants should have:
A good relevant first degree from a recognised university
OR an equivalent professional qualification.
If you do not have formal entry qualifications, you may be admitted, depending on your work experience and responsibilities.
Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above or an equivalent rating in another language testing system.
List of bursaries and scholarships
* Access Scholarship
* Alumni Progression Bursary
* Aspire@Greenwich Scheme for learning resources
* Care Leavers' Bursary
* David Fussey Choral Exhibition Bursary
* First Class Honours Bursary
* Gravesend Rugby Football Bursary
* Greenwich Hospital Bursary
* Royal Navy and Royal Marines Bursary
* Gurkha Personnel Bursary
* Harry Persaud Scholarship
* High Achievement Scholarship
* John McWilliam bursary
* Minerva Scholarship
* National Scholarship Programme
* Nationality Scholarship
* People's Republic of China Scholarship
* The Robert Holman Bursary
* Sir William Boreman's Foundation Bursary
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.