|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The emergence and expansion of local and regional trade agreements, free labour flow and rapid growth of globalisation in general have necessitated reliable and sustainable transportation and logistics systems. Moreover, the remarkable increase in visits to and from the UK during the last ten years, growing UK trade and special events, such as the London Olympics in 2012, all demand well-established transport systems, logistics planning and management expertise.
This programme is designed to meet the needs of home and international graduates who have not previously specialised in logistics and transport or those who are interested in expanding their knowledge and practical capabilities in this area.
The programme tries to explore the key notions of transport and logistics and discusses new approaches to the design and analysis of transport and logistics systems. In addition to the basic concepts of passenger and freight transport, and local and global logistics, the programme focuses on contemporary issues, such as e-business, transport systems modelling, and environmental issues in transport and logistics, thus ensuring it is up to date and fit for the current needs of employers.
The programmes is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT). This means that students are recognised by these professional bodies as holding their professional qualifications to full professional status level 6 upon completion of the Master's programme. Students will participate in CILT activities, including the CILT student conference held on campus for the last seven years. Students will visit industrial locations, have seminars given by guest speakers from industry and collaborate with business partners for dissertation projects.
In the final stage of the course study, all students will undertake a one week consultancy project organised by the university, which has been highly valued by previous students.
The aims of the programme are:
* To equip students with the latest knowledge in transport and logistics
* To develop students' ability to critically analyse problems that affect freight and passenger transport
* To expand students' ability to manage practical challenges in the transport and logistics sectors.
* Supply Chain and Logistics Management - Strategies and Sustainability Issues (30 credits)
* International Purchasing and Procurement (15 credits)
* Foundations of Scholarship and Research Methods (15 credits)
* Transport Management and Planning (Passenger and Freight) (30 credits)
* Strategic Management and Transport Policy (15 credits)
* Leadership, Personal Development and Career Management (15 credits)
* Logistics and Supply Chain Management Consultancy (15 credits)
* Dissertation (45 credits)
Students are assessed through examinations, coursework, presentations and a dissertation.
Applicants should have:
A good relevant first degree from a recognised university (normally a minimum of 2.1 or equivalent).
Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above or an equivalent rating in another language testing system. Alternatively, students can enter via the University of Greenwich International Pre-Masters Programme.
Applications from those with relevant experience together with professional qualifications from the CILT and other professional bodies are also welcome.
List of bursaries and scholarships
* Access Scholarship
* Alumni Progression Bursary
* Aspire@Greenwich Scheme for learning resources
* Care Leavers' Bursary
* David Fussey Choral Exhibition Bursary
* First Class Honours Bursary
* Gravesend Rugby Football Bursary
* Greenwich Hospital Bursary
* Royal Navy and Royal Marines Bursary
* Gurkha Personnel Bursary
* Harry Persaud Scholarship
* High Achievement Scholarship
* John McWilliam bursary
* Minerva Scholarship
* National Scholarship Programme
* Nationality Scholarship
* People's Republic of China Scholarship
* The Robert Holman Bursary
* Sir William Boreman's Foundation Bursary
The programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT). Its structure, contents and qualifications are also compatible with CILT programmes, ensuring recognition by academic and business sectors across the UK and internationally.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.