|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, January 2015|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
During this programme, students study, employ and reflect on the principles underpinning computer science. The programme is designed for individuals wishing to pursue careers as computer science professionals.
From organisational culture and human-computer interaction to web services and distributed computing on virtualised and cloud based systems, this programme leads students to reflect on the choice of methods and tools. It will provide practical experience in the analysis and understanding of problems, systems and structures through the study of realistic case studies. The student will be equipped to deal with the intense demands of modern software development, critically evaluate and employ appropriate concepts and principles to build solutions of commercial, industrial or research value.
Students may choose options focusing on cyber security and forensics, data warehousing and business intelligence or user-centered web engineering and software engineering management.
Through our short course centre opportunity may also be provided to study for the following professional qualifications: Microsoft Technology Associate Exams; Certified Professional Java SE Programmer; Java Certified Associate; Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
Graduates from this programme are equipped for employment in industry, commerce or education with a proficiency in the key theoretical and practical areas in computer science, including their application to modern software systems development
* Project and Dissertation (60 credits)
* Clouds, Grids and Virtualisation (15 credits)
* Enterprise Patterns and Frameworks (15 credits)
* Information, Methods and Culture (15 Credits)
* Interaction Design (15 credits)
* Network Architecture and Services (15 credits)
* Enterprise Web Programming (15 credits)
* One option chosen from: Data Warehousing; Cyber Security; User Centred Web Engineering (15 credits)
* One option chosen from: Business Intelligence; Computer Crime and Forensics; Software Engineering Management (15 credits)
The availability of some courses is subject to satisfying constraints that may come into effect in the year of entry.
Applicants should have:
A good first degree in computing or computing science
OR a suitable numerate subject (such as mathematics, physics, engineering, information systems or multimedia) that includes software development experience.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|60 (Grade C)|
List of bursaries and scholarships
* Access Scholarship
* Alumni Progression Bursary
* Aspire@Greenwich Scheme for learning resources
* Care Leavers' Bursary
* David Fussey Choral Exhibition Bursary
* First Class Honours Bursary
* Gravesend Rugby Football Bursary
* Greenwich Hospital Bursary
* Royal Navy and Royal Marines Bursary
* Gurkha Personnel Bursary
* Harry Persaud Scholarship
* High Achievement Scholarship
* John McWilliam bursary
* Minerva Scholarship
* National Scholarship Programme
* Nationality Scholarship
* People's Republic of China Scholarship
* The Robert Holman Bursary
* Sir William Boreman's Foundation Bursary
This programme is accredited by the British Computer Society BCS. On successful graduation from this degree, the student will have fulfilled the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional (CITP) and partially fulfilled the education requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng) or Chartered Scientist (CSci).
For a full Chartered status there are additional requirements, including work experience. Please contact the BCS for further information.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.