Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||as early as possible|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||January 2014, September 2014|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Internationalisation of the world economy and the policy challenges this has posed for business and public decision makers have increased the demand for economics graduates. The demand is evident in a wide range of national and international institutions, including central banks and finance ministries, commercial and investment ranks, rating agencies, business organisations, international governmental and non-governmental organisations, central and local government departments, and economic and business media. The common denominator of the need felt by these potential employers is the ever increasing demand for high-quality, evidence-based decision making that require competence in applied economics and state-of-the-art data analysis.
This programme enables our graduates to respond to this increasing demand by combining solid training in theory and method with stimulating exposure to economics and financial data sources. The programme weaves a three-way linkage between business and financial economics theory, data analysis, and application of theory and method to policy and strategy issues in the world of business and finance.
Aims of the programme
* To equip students with sound knowledge of business and financial economics, with a view to improve their analytical and problem-solving skills
* Introduce students to new insights in the study of business and financial economics, with a view to develop critical and creative thinking skills
* To equip students with the tools and methods necessary for analysing firms, markets and strategies; understanding the determinants of financial market performance; evaluating inancial decisions; and understanding the strengths and limitations of national and international regulatory frameworks
* To enable students to apply knowledge creatively to the study of specific issues such as: business organisation; innovation, integration, and product differentiation; economics of market efficiency or market failures; economics of uncertainty and investment decision criteria; and financial regulation
* To equip students with a competent understanding of research and data analysis methods, including modeling, estimation, use of statistical software packages, access to databases, and data acquisition
Our graduates acquire specialised and marketable skills in the areas of business economics, financial economics and quantitative data analysis. They can expect to find employment in: national and international business organisations; financial market institutions and banks; policy-making institutions; research centres and think-tanks, national and international NGOs; international governmental organisations; professional associations of business and industry; and business and economics media.
* Foundations of Scholarship and Research (7.5 credits)
* Advanced Professional Development and Research (7.5 credits)
* Statistical Methods for Research (15 credits)
* Business Economics: Markets and Strategies (15 credits)
* Economic Analysis of Business Performance (15 credits)
* Economics of Finance and Investment (M) (15 credits)
* Economics of Financial Markets (15 credits)
* Micro-Finance in International Development (15 credits)
* Dissertation (45 credits)
Two 15-credit options (30 credits) from:
* Regulatory Institutions of the World Economy
* Global Business
* International Macroeconomics
* Understanding the Global Economy
Students are assessed through coursework, presentations. projects, closed-book examinations and a dissertation.
1 year full-time 2 years part-time Start in September or January
Applicants should have:
A good first degree in economics, industrial organisation, financial management or public policy.
* Graduates in business studies, mathematics/IT, social sciences, and engineering are also welcome to apply - provided that economics or quantitative methods constitute a component of their studies.
* Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent as minimum. Applicants with higher scores will be given priority. Alternatively, students can enter via the University of Greenwich International Pre-Masters' Programme.
|CAE score:||60 (Grade C)|
Bursaries and scholarships
All student awards
* Alumni Progression Bursary
10 per cent fee discount is available to all students who progress from an undergraduate to a non-government/research funded postgraduate programme at the university.
The undergraduate degree programme must have been completed on one of the universitys campuses (Avery Hill, Greenwich and Medway), at University Centre Folkestone or at one of the universitys partner colleges prior to registration onto the postgraduate programme.
The discount is applicable to the fee due after any other allowances have been deducted.
Sports and leisure awards
* David Fussey Choral Exhibition Bursary
This cash bursary of £1,000pa (payable in two £500 instalments) is awarded for a maximum of three years and is available to all students at the university who join the University of Greenwich Choir.
The bursary is awarded in memory of Dr David Fussey, the late Vice-Chancellor of the University of Greenwich, who gained great enjoyment from singing in choirs. If you have choral experience and pass the audition to join the choir, you may apply.
The choral exhibitioner must remain an active member of the choir, attend all rehearsals and give full support to the universitys Music Director. In the second year, the choral exhibitioner, in conjunction with the Music Director, is responsible for publicity and general administrative tasks for the choir. The closing date for applications each year is 30 September.
* Madame Osterberg Trust
Madame Martina Österberg was a pioneer of physical education for women until her death in 1915. She founded the Bergman Österberg Physical Training College at Dartford, which until recently formed part of the university.
The furtherance of education was extremely important to Madame Österberg, and awards in her memory are available to all registered students of the University of Greenwich and its partner colleges. Applications can be made for additional educational experiences that are not directly associated with a students current programme of study.
* Gravesend Rugby Football Bursary
Bursaries are available to students studying at the University of Greenwich or studying University of Greenwich programmes at one of its partner colleges. Students must have experience of playing rugby union to an appropriate level, with a minimum standard of County 18s group or a senior level of rugby, the equivalent to London South East 2 or above.
Bursaries are offered on an annual basis dependent on the students satisfactory performance and progress, a commitment to the Gravesend club and continued registration at the university.
* Royal Naval and Royal Marine Bursary
The University of Greenwich, working closely with the Royal Navy Crown charity, Greenwich Hospital, has been awarded funds to assist students studying at the University of Greenwich. The scheme aims to provide support to students who are serving or former members of the Royal Navy or Royal Marines or their sons or daughters. Navy and marine personnel must have a minimum of three years service.
The bursary aims to assist eligible students with educational costs by making awards of up to £3,000 per academic year for a maximum of four years. Payment in academic years 2 and 3 is dependent upon satisfactory academic progress; payment during a placement (Sandwich) year is dependent on the placement being unpaid.
* Sir William Boremans Foundation
The Foundation provides bursaries, to permanent residents of the London boroughs of Greenwich and Lewisham. Applicants must have lived in the borough for a minimum of three years, be under 25 and have a family residual income in the region of £25,000 a year.
Bursaries can be used for travel, equipment, tuition fees, university excursions and general living expenses. UK full-time and part-time undergraduate and postgraduate students are eligible to apply.
International student awards
* Gurkha Personnel Bursary
This £1,000 bursary is available to full-time and part-time undergraduate and postgraduate students who are serving in the Gurkha military or are former Gurkha military personnel. Immediate family members may also apply.
* Nationality Scholarship
The University of Greenwich automatically awards scholarships of £1,000 to students from:
Bangladesh, Barbados, Botswana, Brazil, Cambodia, Colombia, Egypt, Ghana, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, North Korea, South Korea, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Turkic States, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam and Zimbabwe.
Students must be on a full-time programme that lasts for at least one academic year.
* People's Republic of China Scholarship
The university awards scholarships of up to £1,000 to students who have completed an approved programme at one of the universitys partner or link institutions in China and have progressed to an eligible programme at the university.
* International Undergraduate and Postgraduate Progression Scholarship
New international undergraduate students selected for outstanding achievement at the end of the first academic year receive a fee remission of £1,000 for years two and three of study.
Postgraduate students selected for outstanding achievement at the end of the diploma stage of Masters study are awarded a fee remission of £2,000 for the final stage of their Masters.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.