|Application deadline:||January 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||36 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
There continues to be considerable demand for professionals in software engineering with a good background in the design behind hardware methods and systems. This programme, which has a broad focus and is set at a high technical level, produces graduates with the skills and knowledge to meet those needs.
During the programme, you will work, in approximately equal measure on both hardware and software, looking in detail at two programming languages. You will undertake some networking activity, but the main focus is on the design and development of software for specific hardware and for computer systems in general. Embedded and real-time systems development is a particular feature of the programme. Additionally, you will receive training in management and professional practice. All students can opt for a year in industry after their second year.
The aims of the programme are:
* To develop knowledge and understanding of mathematical/scientific principles and methodology necessary in order for them to be applied to a number of computer hardware and software engineering problems and scenarios
* To understand computer hardware and software engineering principles and have the ability to design, apply and analyse the key engineering processes which relate to these principles
* To have the ability to identify, classify and describe the performance of hardware and software system components through the use of analytical method and modelling techniques
* To have the understanding, knowledge and skill in order to investigate and define a computer hardware and software problem, as well as identify system constraints, including environmental and sustainability limitations, health and safety and project risk assessment issues.
* Introduction to Computer Networking (30 credits)
* Programming Technologies (30 credits)
* Computer and Communications Engineering Principles (30 credits)
* Computer Modelling and Applied Mathematics (30 credits)
* Hardware Systems and Design (30 credits)
* Programming for Software Systems (30 credits)
* UNIX Systems (15 credits)
* Software Engineering and Project Management (30 credits)
* Database Systems (15 credits)
Optional Sandwich Year (Work Placement)
* Individual Project (30 credits)
* Management and Communications (30 credits)
* Advanced Hardware Systems and Design (30 credits)
* Advance Computer Engineering (30 credits)
260-300 UCAS points
FROM A-levels, including AS mathematics at grade C and preferably from a engineering and/or IT subject
OR a National Diploma in engineering at DMM or equivalent
PLUS at least three GCSEs at grade C or above (including English, mathematics and science) or equivalent qualifications.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|180 (Grade C)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
It is intended that these programmes will be accredited to meet the academic requirements for registration as a chartered engineer.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!