|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||48 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme is designed to prepare students for careers as professional mechanical engineers with the focus on innovation, analysis and development within a wide range of advanced engineering technologies. The programme aims to develop a detailed knowledge of engineering concepts across all mechanical subject areas, so as to form a sound basis for complex problem solving and innovation in whatever area the engineer is employed.
Advanced knowledge in certain areas will also be gained. A key feature of the programme is the exposure of students to real industrial problems, where leadership skills are developed through a team working approach.
The aims of the programme are:
* To develop graduates in mechanical engineering with the skills and attributes to take roles within industry as professional engineers
* To develop in students the ability to apply analytical skills in the solution of complex and unusual problems
* To equip students with an awareness of engineering in the wider ecconomic and social context.
* Electrical Principles (15 credits)
* Engineering Science (15 credits)
* Computing and Programming for Engineers (15 credits)
* Engineering Applications (Mechanical) (15 credits)
* Computer-Aided Design (Mechanical) (15 credits)
* Engineering Mathematics (Systems) (15 credits)
* Mechanical Principles (15 credits)
* Materials and Manufacturing (15 credits)
* Control and Instrumentation (15 credits)
* Systems Modelling (15 credits)
* Engineering Management 1 (15 credits)
* Thermodynamics (15 credits)
* Dynamics for Mechanical Systems (15 credits)
* Fluid Mechanics (15 credits)
* Mechanics of Materials (15 credits)
* Engineering Design and Product Development (15 credits)
Optional Sandwich Year (Work Placement)
* Engineering Management 2 (15 credits)
* Group Design and Project Management (15 credits)
* Individual Project (30 credits)
* One or two options from: Advanced Control and Instrumentation (15); Fluids and Solids Handling Technology (15); Thermal Power Plant and Heat Transfer (15); Engineering Systems Dynamics (30) (15 credits)
* Two options from: Operations Management (15); Process Improvement Techniques (15);Quality Engineering (15); Engineering Enerterprise (15); Environmental Engineering (15) (30 credits)
Applicants should have
300 UCAS points
FROM A-levels, including mathematics and a science/technology subject
OR a National Diploma in engineering at DMM or equivalent
PLUS at least three GCSEs at grade C or above (including English, mathematics and science) or equivalent.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
It is the intention to have the MEng Hons programme accredited by the IET to meet the full academic requirements as a chartered engineer
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!