|Application deadline:||July, August|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
* You can balance your study commitments with a full-time role, and tailor research projects to provide the maximum relevance and benefit for your work.
* The programme takes into account new developments in the production of texts for children using multimodal forms and digital technologies.
* The programme gives you the opportunity to take a literary and critical stance to well-loved texts, as well as to contemporary authors whose texts push the boundaries of childrens literature. You will also discuss recent theories of language and literacy development and consider how they can be supported by traditional and multimodal texts for children.
Career prospectsThe MEd is an excellent source of professional development if youre already working in education, library services and childrens media, or are looking to move into these areas.
It also provides a excellent foundation for an academic career or further study within English and Scottish literature and other fields with a focus on childrens literature and literacies.
You will take five core courses, one optional course and produce a dissertation based on a specialised topic.
Core courses * Reframing language, literature and literacies for 21st century life
* Texts for children: from the printing press to virtual reality
* Introduction to educational and social research
* Modern educational thought
* Children's literature and literacies: critical enquiry
* Professional enquiry.
Optional courses * Texts for diversity: language across learning for children with English as an additional language
* Texts for children: visual and multimodal
* Further options may be drawn from courses offered on the MEd in Educational Studies.
Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject unless otherwise specified.
English language requirementsFor applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training):
* overall score 6.5
* no sub-test less than 6.0
* or equivalent scores in another recognised qualification (see below)
Common equivalent English language qualifications:
* ibTOEFL: 92; no sub-test less than 20
* CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English): B minimum
* CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): Cminimum
* PTE Academic (Person Test of English, Academic test): 60; no sub-test less than 59
Pre-sessional coursesThe University of Glasgow accepts evidence of the required language level from the Language Centre Pre-sessional courses. We also consider other BALEAP accredited pre-sessional courses:
* Language Centre, University of Glasgow
* BALEAP guide to accredited courses
|TOEFL iBT® test:||92|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
The University of Glasgow Adam Smith Business School has accreditations by the following professional bodies:
* Accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
* Accredited by the Association of MBAs (for the MBA programme)
* Accreditation by professional accountancy bodies
* Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
* Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales
* Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
* Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
* Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
We are also members of the Association of Business Schools and of theEuropean Foundation for Management Development.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!