Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
On this course you can:
* Participate in live web-based chat forums to discuss your work with TPC trainers and other students
* Make an effective contribution to your workplace, as well as improve your career prospects
* Tap in to our Librarys vast selection of electronic resources, which can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection
What opportunities might it lead to?
There are three separate stages in our Postgraduate Coaching and Development programme, including the Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert), Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) and Masters (MSc). You can enter the programme at any stage, depending on your qualifications and experience. Completion of each stage enables you to continue to the next, with or without a break, in order to graduate with a full Masters degree.
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
* business development
* consultancy work
* health sector
Teaching is delivered through five workshops over ten days covering a range of specific coaching topics, including 30 hours of coaching practise.
Here are the topics you will study:
Foundation coaching skills:
* Develop core coach competencies
* Understand the key skills and models for coaching and be able to apply these in a coaching relationship
* Define coaching and understand the range of coaching styles
* Understand the boundaries for a coaching relationship and how to contract effectively
* Explore the importance of supervision within coaching
* Learn to self-reflect and appraise coaching capabilities to identify areas for personal development in coaching, and plan for new learning
* Exploring your vision and identity as a coach; understanding your signature strengths and areas of focus
* Becoming more self aware and emotionally intelligent as a coach
* Learning to self-evaluate performance and ways of being as a coach
* Helping clients develop emotional intelligence and personal insight
* Exploring a number of different concepts and tools which generate personal insights in others and enable personal change
Applied positive psychology in coaching:
* Understand different tools, concepts and approaches from Positive Psychology and how these can be used to impact learning and performance
* Helping a system and clients to become more resilient and have more of a strengths-based focus
* Working with purpose and meaning
* Using transpersonal tools and techniques to create deep awareness and personal change
* Understand key leadership models and frameworks
* Explore models, tools and concepts for effective leadership development
* Experience practical tools and techniques which are congruent with developing leaders
* Enabling leaders to create a vision for their leadership, to think strategically, to problem-solve
* Coaching leaders in transition
* Assess participants' current level of coaching competence
Teaching and Assessment
This programme is assessed, quality assured and awarded by the University of Portsmouth whilst TPC's world-class trainers and facilitators deliver course content and work with you to develop your knowledge and understanding of coaching. This course takes a work-based learning approach which allows you to apply this knowledge and theory to your workplace.
How are you assessed?
Assessment is also orientated around the workplace in the form of two 4,000-word work-based learning projects.
Progression: This programme offers a work-based Master's qualification using the integrated flexible Master's framework leading to the award of MSc.
An honours degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications in coaching or other related field.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|75 (Grade B)|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.