|Tuition fee:|| |
|Credits (ECTS):||90 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||18 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Managing the use of energy is crucial to industrial societies. The increasing use of energy has been associated with a number of serious problems, some of which, represent major global hazards, e.g. global warming.
Graduates of the Energy Engineering and Management (EEM) master program have acquired a comprehensive overview of present and future energy systems and their elements. They are capable of participating in the successful introduction of new sustainable energy systems. They are not only able to rate the sustainability, but can also consider the energy systems' operating efficiency, availability and safety in a appropriate way.
The graduates are able to understand innovation processes and can effectively and successfully apply their knowledge either at existing companies or at start-ups established by them. This requires the professional, methodological, process, and management knowledge conveyed by the modules of Energy Engineering & Management (EEM). Internationalization and mobility are key features of this Master Program.
The executive master program conveys up-to-date know-how of energy technology and management skills to engineers who aim for executive positions in energy industry. The course program focuses on basic processes of energy generation and conversion, renewable energies, and the management of energy grids.
The technical subjects are complemented by management modules to enhance the students’ ability to evaluate and develop the innovative processes of the energy industry. Of course, emphasis is placed on environmentally friendly and innovative methods to generate and distribute energy.
5 Management Modules (MM) form the basis of all programs and provide basic knowledge in Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Project and HR Management as well as Law, so they can consider commercial consequences of business decisions.
The engineering emphasis of the program is taught in 5 additional Engineering Modules (EM) with specialization in Energy Engineering.
Finance for Executives
1. Introduction to Finance & Financial Accounting
2. Financial Accounting
3. Fundamentals of Finance
4. Case Studies
International Project Management
1. Project Management & Scheduling
2. Multi-Project Management
in a Global Environment
3. Development Management
4. Intercultural Mangement
1. Introduction & Scope of EEM, Energy Systems
2. Wind & Water Power
3. Solar & Geothermal Power
Thermal Energy Conversion
1. Technical Combustion / Heat & Mass Transfer
2. Thermal Power Plants inc. Coal & Gas Power Plants
3. Turbo Machinery
4. Carbon Capture & Storage
5. Energy from Biomass
Business Strategy, Marketing and Controlling
1. Introduktion to Management Accounting
2. Management Accounting
4. Business Strategy
Electricity Generation & Energy Storage
1. Power Generators
2. Batteries & Fuel Cells
3. Hydrogen Technology
5. Power Electronics
Corporate Innovation & Entrepreneurship (ESADE, Spain)
1. Corporate Entrepreneurship
2. Entrepreneurial Leadership
3. Strategic Innovation Management
4. Opportunity Development - Design Thinking
5. Exploring the Opportunity - Technology & Markets
6. Pitching Business Ideas
7. Creating Value through Business Models
8. New Product Development & Service Innovation
9. Measuring Innovation - Innovation Balanced Scorecard
10. Pitching Business Models
Smart Networks & Energy Distribution
1. Introduction to Power Systems / High Voltage Engineering
2. Components of Power Systems
2. Transmission & Distribution
3. Smart Grids & Emerging Technologies
4. Building Performance in Smart Grids
Energy Economics: Energy Markets
1. European Network Regulations
2. Energy System Analysis
3. Energy Efficiency (Supply & Demand Side)
4. Integration of Energy Systems & e-Mobility
Law & Contracts
1. Decisions, Contracts, Markets & Trade
2. International Law - The Law of Business Organizations
3. International Intellectual Property Law
In order to be admitted to our Energy Engineering and Management master program, the following requirements have to be fulfilled:
- Mechanical engineering
- electrical engineering
- business engineering
- chemical engineering
- process engineering
or a related subject.
- fluid mechanics
- or electrical energy systems.
In exceptional cases, other degrees may be accepted (e.g. professional experience).
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
The Master Program is accredited by the ASIIN (www.asiin.de) since 2005.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.