Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Key facts * MSc (MedSci): 12 months full-time;
* We are the only taught programme in the UK focusing on the subject of forensic toxicology.
* We are the only programme in the UK delivered by practitioners in forensic toxicology.
* Students can learn first-hand within a unit with one of the largest forensic toxicology laboratories. No other Universities offering a taught MSc have an associated laboratory.
* Research and teaching laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment rivalling many forensic toxicology service laboratories in the UK
* The laboratories are accredited to ISO/IEC17025 standard with UKAS. They are equipped with state-of-the-art technology and you will have access to a variety of instruments including GC/MS, GC-HS, HPLC, LC/MS and AAS.
* Direct link with our doctoral research programme.
* Our staff are regularly called to present evidence to courts throughout the UK as expert witnesses and you will have the opportunity to visit Scottish courts in session and to develop presentation skills in a moot court exercise.
* Students are introduced to ISO17025 accreditation and Quality Management Systems.
* Students will have the opportunity to attend lectures for the Diploma in Forensic Medical Sciences and the Scottish Medico-Legal Society. This grants you exposure to experts from a wide range of forensic and legal disciplines including scientists, lawyers and procurators fiscal.
The major strength of this programme is that students will be studying within a working environment of one of the leading ISO/IEC 17025 accredited forensic toxicology laboratories worldwide. This programme provides much needed training in the field of forensic toxicology. The UK Home Office Forensic Science Regulator has identified a shortage of suitably qualified forensic toxicologists in the UK. In addition, this programme will enable graduates to gain experience in research before subsequent application to a doctoral degree programme.
* Principles of forensic toxicology
* Laboratory techniques in forensic toxicology
* Advanced instrumentation
* Case review and interpretation
* Research and laboratory management
You should have an Honours degree in chemistry, biochemistry, forensic science or other suitable chemical science. Applicants with appropriate skills and experience in the field of forensic toxicology will also be considered.
You are required to provide two references and full degree transcript plus a personal statement indicating why you wish to study this programme at the University of Glasgow.
Further information regarding academic entry requirements:firstname.lastname@example.org
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|75 (Grade B)|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||92|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.