|Application deadline:||April 30th|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||60 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Rovira i Virgili University
Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2 University
There is a double Master degree agreement between the URV and Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2 University (UBS). Students taking part of the Master Degree in Oenology at the other university (4 months, 30 ECTS) will be entitled to obtain a double degree: Master's Degree in Enology at the URV and at the UBS (maximum 3 students per university).
Compulsory student mobility: no
The aim of the Master's Degree is to train students in those areas that oenological companies most need expertise, particularly oenology and RDI.
Students may choose between two proposed training profiles: research training in Oenology and Biotechnology, for students interested in doctoral theses or RDI sector, and other training for students graduated in Economics, Management, Tourism, Journalism, etc., without previous scientific or technical background, and whose career is oriented to wine industry management or related departments, and require training in the process of winemaking.
The degree holders will be capable of working and creating knowledge autonomously, participating in, directing and coordinating interdisciplinary work teams, and solving complex problems with partial or fragmented information.
Doctoral thesis or work in R+D departments of winemaking firms or public organizations related to the sector.
Joining different departments at wine industry, having the necessary training on the process of winemaking.
Professional and/or Research Mode : 60 credits
* Scientific Communication(*)
* Final Master's Project(*)
(*) This/these subject/s make up the competences required for the subject Career Counselling and Citizenship
OPTIONAL SUBJECTSBY SPECIALITY
Students can choose to thake the 30 elective credits without considering the different specialities, or take one of the speciality.
* Pre- And Post-Fermentation Treatments in Wine Production
* New Trends in the Instrumental Analysis of Wine
* Ecology of Microorganisms During Wine Fermentation. Application of Molecular Techniques
* Research into Oenology in Spain
* Bioactive Components of Food
* Scientific Seminar. New Trends in Oenological Microbiology
* The Colour of Red Wine
* Vinegar Making: Technological and Microbiological Aspects
* Research Communication Techniques in Oenology
* Phenolic Compounds, Polysaccharides and Proteins in Wine
* Study Techniques in Mycology
* Yeasts and Alcoholic Fermentation
* Molecular Techniques for Microbiological Analysis and Control
* Biotechnology of Oenological Microorganisms
* Lactic Bacteria and Malolactic Fermentation
* Scientific Seminar on Oenology and Biotechnology
* Experimental Design and Statistical Treatment in Oenology and Biotechnology
* Fundamentals of Oenological Biochemistry and Microbiology
* Wine Making
* Fundamentals of Oeonological Chemistry and Analysis
* Wine Tasting
* Fundamentals of Viticulture
* Stabilisation, Ageing and Bottling
* Winery Design
* Wines of the World
* Studies in the Frame of Mobility Agreements II
* - Official university degrees (Bol ogna or pre-Bologna) in Biol ogy, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, Pharmacy, Veterinary Sciences , Medicine, Oenology, Food Science and Technology, Geology, Economics and all Higher Engineering qualifications.
* - Official university degrees (Bologna qualifications) or diplomas in Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Business Sciences, Nursing and all Technical Engineering qualifications.
* - Degrees in related subject areas.
* - Degrees from higher education institutions of the EHEA whose qualification enables them to move on to a masters programme in the country of issue.
* - Degrees awarded by educational systems ou tside the EHEA and which have not been officially recognized if the university can determine
- that the educational level attained is equivalent to that of the official Spanish university qualifications; and
- that the student is entitled to enter postgraduate programmes in the country of issue.
Official recognition as a Masters degree (Máster Universitario) by the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports (Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte).
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.