Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Tuition fee:||Not specified|
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
|Duration part-time:||24 months|
On this course you can:
* Be taught by our BPS Chartered psychologists who have a wealth of experience in research and applied practice in sport and exercise psychology
* Use specialist facilities and benefit from our strong links with UK Sport and the Fuchs Foundation
* Complete a professional practice placement as a trainee sport and/or exercise scientist
What opportunities might it lead to?
With an estimated worth in excess of £110 billion, the global sports industry is growing rapidly. You can expect to find a career in many specific areas such as teaching, research, sport science support, and the health and fitness sectors.
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
* various sporting governing bodies
* health and fitness companies
* UK sport
* a variety of private healthcare companies
You can choose to take this course in either full-time or part-time mode. You will study several key topics and have the unique opportunity to complete a professional practice placement, where you will be required to perform the role of a trainee sport and/or exercise scientist within a related setting.
Here are the units you will study:
* Sport, Exercise and Performance Psychology: This unit will provide a theoretical, research and practical understanding of the expertise psychology, the psychology of expertise and it's application to business.
* Exercise Programming and Behaviour Change: This unit provides a theoretical, research and practical understanding of health behaviour change.
* Applied Sport Psychology: For this unit you will identify and develop a range of professional skills associated with applied practice.
* Applied Research Methods: You will generate suitable research designs and be able to select and use the appropriate form of data analysis.
* Research Project: This unit will provide you with an opportunity to independently investigate a particular topic related to sport/exercise psychology.
* Professional Practice Placement: You will have the opportunity to observe and, where possible, participate in the delivery of psychological principles and techniques within sport or exercise settings. However, please note that this is subject to availability and appropriate screening and selection processes.
Teaching and Assessment
Our teaching approaches include lectures, seminars, laboratory workshops, tutorials and a placement experience in a relevant field setting.
How are you assessed?
The varying teaching formats are reflected in the assignments. Heres how we assess you:
* scientific reports
* reflective accounts
An upper second class honours degree or equivalent in a Sport and Exercise Science, Psychology, Sports Psychology or related subject. Alternative qualifications will be considered on a case by case basis.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
|CAE score:||75 (Grade B)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.