|Application deadline:||International applications: July, UK and EU applications: August|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Masters in Socio-Legal Studies offers an advanced introduction to the study of Law with a specific emphasis on socio-legal methodology. It provides you with an excellent preparation for doctoral study in the area of socio-legal research, serving as a qualification in its own right and a platform for PhD study.
Key facts * MRes: 12 months full-time;
Career prospectsThe MRes in Socio-Legal Studies provides you with an excellent foundation for an academic career in this field.
You will take five core courses and one optional course, followed by a dissertation on a specialised topic during the final three months.
Core courses * Advanced legal methods 2: Jurisprudence of concepts
* Qualitative research methods
* Social science statistics 1
* Advanced legal methods 1A: Legal research methodologies
* Advanced legal methods 1B: Traditions of legal enquiry
* Advanced qualitative methods
* Advanced statistics: Issues and methods
Optional courses * Globalisation, law and human rights
* United Nations law
* Fundamentals of international law
* Other electives from within College of Social Sciences Graduate School (eg, in Politics or Sociology)
* Entry requirements for Socio-Legal Studies are a good first degree in law (2:1 upwards or equivalent) or a first degree (2:1 upwards or equivalent) with at least 50% of the credits in law.
* International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|193 (Grade B)|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||92|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!