Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Aims of the Programme:
Graduates from this programme will be able to make an immediate contribution to the renewable energy sector and make informed decisions that will have an impact on the development of national programmes to meet future targets.Each graduate will have a firm grasp of the predominant and emerging technologies, and will be able to set these in context using a range of environmental monitoring techniques.
- Suits students and professionals from diverse backgrounds - scientists, engineers, environmentalists, policy-makers
- A multi-disciplinary approach to sustainable solutions for future energy needs, with an in-depth knowledge of the new emerging alternative technologies
- Conference-style teaching - in one week intensive bursts
- Field trips & external conferences included in the coursework with networking opportunities for students
- Graduates make an immediate contribution to the renewable energy sector, entering public, environmental, industry and commercial industries
- Industry-based or research-related project
Modules cover environmental physics, law and policy, renewable energy technologies, environmental monitoring, and the hydrogen economy. The taught element will be delivered using a lively mix of lectures, seminars, peer-based problem-solving, practical sessions and site visits.
- Foundation in renewable energy
- Energy regulation law and security of supply
- Hydrogen economy (incorporating fuel cells)
- Physical concepts: A primer in energy, electromagnetism & electronic materials
- Renewables technologies: In depth investigation of existing & emerging technologies, supply & demand issues, conservation & architectural issues
- Environmental modelling: hydrology, carbon cycling, wind, wave & solar modelling
- Field trips
Methods of Assessment:
Students are assessed on written and practical work, formal presentations and a project dissertation.
An Honours degree at 2:1 or equivalent in physical or engineering science is normally required, but consideration will be given to other applicants with degrees in (for example) environmental science and geography. Relevant work experience will also be taken into account.
English Language Requirement: IELTS of 6.0 (or equivalent), if your first language is not English.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.