|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, January 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The International Business degrees cover many different subjects and develop a wide range of transferable skills and provide entry to a range of rewarding careers. Our graduates work in small firms or in large multinational firms with offices throughout the world. There is an enormous variety of work that includes meeting a wide cross-section of different people, giving advice, and providing management and technical services.
The MSc International Business programme has six pathways:
- MSc International Business
- MSc International Business and Corporate Governance
- MSc International Business and Finance
- MSc International Business and Marketing
- MSc International Business and Human Resource Management
- MSc International Business, Marketing and Human Resource Management
Aims of the Programme:
To provide motivated students with the tools and skills necessary to pursue a successful and rewarding career in International Business, Corporate Governance, Finance, Marketing and Human Resource Management.
The degrees are taught full-time for a period of twelve months, starting in September and January each year.
The common elements of all pathways are:
- International Business Induction an intensive first two weeks which includes a selection of key concepts and tools in microeconomics, macroeconomics and statistics, plus there is also an opportunity for you to settle in and familiarise yourself with the campus and the city, and discover the rich facilities of both
- International Trade and Investment which identifies the major trends in the global economy and the implications for international specialisation in terms of the geographic location of industries and firms
- International Business Project which aims to develop your theoretical, empirical, analytical and presentational skills in the areas of international business.
MSc International Business and Corporate Governance students also take:
- Financial and Accounting Aspects of Corporate Governance
- Business Forecasting
- Global Financial Markets
- Strategic Decisions for Business
and choose one from:
- Corporate Responsibility
- International Accounting and Reporting
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting
- Management Accounting Change
Methods of Teaching and Assessment:
Modules are taught using a variety of teaching methods such as lectures, workshops, groupwork and student presentations.
The Induction module is taught intensively in the first 2 weeks of the degree programme, and thereafter the core and optional modules are taught throughout the year of study.
A feature of the programme is the Distinguished Visitor and Enterprise Gym Lecture Series. Distinguished practitioners in the field are invited to the University to hold seminars highlighting critical aspects of Business Finance and Marketing. It offers students a unique opportunity to meet with business leaders.
All modules (including the Induction programme) are assessed by coursework (including oral presentations) and final examination. Coursework may account for as much as 40% of the overall degree.
A suitable (at least an upper second class Honours degree or equivalent) first degree in any subject which has enabled the applicant to develop analytical and quantitative skills. Places are limited and early application is advised even for well-qualified candidates.
After arrival, students may be able to swap to a different pathway after discussion with their course advisor.
English Language Requirement: IELTS of 6.5 (or equivalent), if your first language is not English.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||580|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.