|Application deadline:||International applications: July, UK and EU applications: August|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
* This intense and demanding programme offers you broad and informed knowledge of the central challenges in international relations and equips you with the analytical techniques and tools to analyse political data. You will also gain a wide range of more general skills, including how to convey complex ideas and information effectively both orally and in writing.
* You will benefit from the opportunity to approach the subject from a variety of disciplinary approaches through courses across the School of Social & Political Sciences, the School of Law, History, and other subjects.
* The MSc in International Relations draws on recognised expertise in the fields of international relations theory, normative international theory, international security, international governmental organisations, non-state actors, human rights and humanitarian intervention, and a wide variety of country and regional expertise.
* You will also benefit from a number of research and teaching initiatives which touch on important international issues, including: Global Security Roundtable; Global Security Network; Glasgow Centre for International Development; Glasgow Refugee, Asylum & Migration Network; and Glasgow Human Rights Network.
You will attend lectures, seminars and tutorials and undertake independent research.
Core courses * Challenges in international politics
* International relations theory
* Qualitative research methods OR Social science statistics.
Optional courses (three chosen) * China's international politics
* Chinese politics and society
* Comparative European politics
* Critical perspectives on human rights
* Ethics in global politics
* EU in international politics and development
* Foreign policy affairs
* Freedom of expression
* Globalisation and European integration
* Human rights and global politics
* International security and global politics
* Institutions and policies of the European Union
* Internet and civil society
* Media and democracy
* Political institutions, crisis and communication
* Political legitimacy: contemporary perspectives
* Politics of gender in development.
Note: Some courses might not be available every year. You may also be able to choose from courses in the other subjects in the School of Social & Political Sciences.
The minimum entry requirements are an honours degree at the 2.1/upper second class level or higher or equivalent (e.g. B/3.0 GPA in the undergraduate degree) in politics, law or related social science subject.
We will consider applications from graduates from other fields, but the applicant should submit a statement indicating why they are interested in changing fields or the connection to their previous study. We will also take relevant work experience into account.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
English language requirementsFor applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training):
* overall score 6.5
* no sub-test less than 6.0
* or equivalent scores in another recognised qualification (see below)
Common equivalent English language qualifications:
* ibTOEFL: 92; no sub-test less than 20
* CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English): B minimum
* CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): Cminimum
* PTE Academic (Person Test of English, Academic test): 60; no sub-test less than 59
Pre-sessional coursesThe University of Glasgow accepts evidence of the required language level from the Language Centre Pre-sessional courses. We also consider other BALEAP accredited pre-sessional courses:
* Language Centre, University of Glasgow
* BALEAP guide to accredited courses
|TOEFL iBT® test:||92|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
The University of Glasgow Adam Smith Business School has accreditations by the following professional bodies:
* Accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
* Accredited by the Association of MBAs (for the MBA programme)
* Accreditation by professional accountancy bodies
* Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
* Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales
* Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
* Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
* Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
We are also members of the Association of Business Schools and of theEuropean Foundation for Management Development.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!