Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The MSc Advanced Practice (Mental Health) is a multi-disciplinary award pathway that is highly suitable for health, social and psychology candidates who are seeking to advance their academic and clinical mental health capabilities.
Internationally, contemporary mental health care is challenging the traditional roles, knowledge and capabilities of all disciplines. The Advanced Practice (Mental Health) pathway consequently seeks to respond to these challenges through offering flexible, inclusive and contemporary content that is relevant to the practice area of the student across international settings.
Content areas include: - Politics, ethics and philosophy of mental health care.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Focus areas of co-morbidity, suicide, self harm, older persons and psycho-social aspects of care.
Key features of the pathway include: - Flexible choice of content areas to reflect the student's area of practice.
- Online delivery.
- A balanced and integrated focus toward enhancing theoretical and practical capabilities within mental health care provision.
- Support from highly experienced academic educators with significant clinical experience across a range of international mental health settings.
In order to achieve the named award of MSc Advanced Practice (Mental Health) students undertake the following modules:
- One Core module (Contemporary Challenges in Mental Health).
- One Core module (Advanced Therapeutic Interactions in Mental Health Care).
- One Choice module (Either Critical Appraisal Skills for Practitioners OR Methods of Enquiry in Health & Social Care).
- One Option module (Selected from a list of available modules).
- Dissertation (Topic related to Mental Health).
Applicants are normally required to have a relevant first degree. Previous experience may also be considered upon application.
You will require access to a personal computer with good connection to the internet (broadband recommended).
English Language Requirement: IELTS of 6.0 (or equivalent), if your first language is not English.
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||550|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.