|Application deadline:||31st March, 30th June (EEA & Switzerland)|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The MSc in Banking and Financial Management is an internationally recognized Master 's degree programme of 4 semesters, grants 120 ECTS credits and is currently one of the few English programmes in the German speaking area, that focuses on Asset Management, Wealth Management and International Corporate Finance. This Master's degree programme is unique thanks to its international approach, practice-oriented curriculum and its personal touch with students and is entirely taught in English.Successful students are awarded with the
Master of Science in Banking and Financial Management (MSc)
The programme equips students with skills and knowledge in the latest banking and financial management research topics and encourages network thinking and teamwork capacity. Practice-oriented projects develop leadership potential and decision-making skills. A small group of a maximum of 25 international students is admitted every year and is prepared for leadership and expert positions in the financial services industries, as well as for a PhD programme. Students are required to be open-minded and are expected to take on the challenge to study at a very high academic level.
What makes the programme so unique?
* personal learning environment through a low professor/student-ratio of only 1:5
* small international group of around 30 students
* international programme entirely taught in English
* focus on International Corporate Finance and Asset Management
* curriculum content linked to CFA - Chartered Financial Analyst
* international team of professors and practitioners
* unique location in the heart of Europe with international finance know-how
* educational journeys to leading financial centres in the world
* strong links to the financial industry
* excellent career prospects
* preparation for a PhD programme
* attractive tuition fees (state-funded education)
The curriculum illustrates a completion of the programme in three semesters, plus one additional semester for the preparation of the Masters thesis.
* The 1st semester provides an advanced overview of methodologies and theories in Finance, Econometrics, International Accounting and Taxation, Asset Pricing and Profit and Risk Management in Banking.
* The 2nd semester focuses on International Corporate Finance, Derivatives and Financial Engineering, Economics, Capital Markets and Investment Banking.
* The modules in the 3rd semester are Corporate Governance, Ethics and Leadership, Private Banking and Wealth Management. Students complete the MasterLAB, a semester long, practice oriented project assigned by local or international businesses.
* In the 4th semester students participate in the research oriented Masters thesis module for the completion of the Masters degree programme.
The curriculum is designed to prepare students for the CFA Examinations, and lectures are also partly held by holders of the CFA. The support in undertaking the CFA levels 1-3 of the CFA-Charter, an internationally recognised degree in the finance sector, will provide an important competitive advantage.
The programme is modularly structured and lectures take place generally 4 days per week. Blocked lectures are also possible on a Saturday, but this wont be the rule. Lecturing time can vary. The entire programme is taught in English. A strong emphasis lies on team work within small groups, which ensures exceptionally close contact between instructors and students.
The Master´s degree programme at University of Liechtenstein with Liechtensteins unique strategic position and membership in the EEA grant students easy access to the Swiss, and European labour market. The university is recognised by Swiss authorities and the programme by all member states of the European Union, the European Economic Area and Switzerland. The international spirit of the programme is enhanced by the international body of academic staff and students. Additionally, educational journeys and excursions give insight into international market developments and career opportunities.
* Bachelors degree or diploma with at least 180 ECTS, 60 of it in business related fields
* Letter of motivation in English, 1-2 pages
* Curriculum Vitae in English
* English language skills at proficiency level C1, i.e. TOEFL IBT 100 or results of similar levels at other tests
Excellent applicants are invited for a personal interview.
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
The Master's degree programme in Banking and Financial Management is accredited by FIBAA.