Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||9 September to 4 October, 2013|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||January 2014|
|Credits:|| 60 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
In this master's degree you will be provided with the training needed to develop your academic and research skills and work professionally in different fields of cellbiology:
* Biology of cell reproduction and differentiation.
* Basic and applied cytogenetics.
* Cancer and radiobiology.
In addition to gaining a full understanding of the structure and functions of cells and how they interact with their environment, you will acquire the knowledge needed to understand and evaluate pathological processes based on cell malfunctions.
* Keeping up-to-date with knowledge in the international scientific community.
* Applying knowledge to understanding the pathological modifications of cell functions, the relationships that exist between cells and the interactions between cells and their environment.
* Developing critical reasoning and problem-solving related to cellbiology.
* Teaching and disseminating knowledge to your social group.
* Developing new technologies for assisted reproduction, genetics and clinical cytogenetics or for research.
* Conducting a cytogenetic study of a particular species or individual.
* Understanding therapeutic applications for working with cells.
* Understanding the processes for reproduction, differentiation and regeneration of cells, as well as cancer and hereditary diseases.
* Systematically integrating the main cross-curricular skills (time management, decision-taking, problem-solving, knowledge updating, etc.) and applying them to research activities.
* Entering the research world with the basic tools needed to develop clinical applications.
* Interpreting and diagnosing alterations in cell functions in the laboratory.
* Respecting ethics and intellectual integrity.
* Systematising scientific information as well as written and oral data from diagnostic reports.
* Working and interacting with professionals from other specialities.
* Reproductive Biology (research/professional).
* Cytogenetics and Cancer (research/professional).
Type Credits Compulsory 18 Optional 36 Master Thesis 6 TOTAL 60
Specialisation in Cytogenetics
Module Credits Type Analysis and Presentation of Scientific Data 6 OB Case Studies in Cytogenerics and Reproduction Biology 6 OB Master's Dissertation 6 OB New Developments in Cytogenetics and Biology of Reproduction 6 OB Cancer and Radiobiology 6 OT* Clinical Cytogenetics 6 OT* Comparatie Genomics 6 OT* Integrated Cytogenetics Laboratory 9 OT* Research Methodology 9 OT** Work Experience 9 OT** * Specialization Compulsory
** Optional, you must take 9 credits
Specialisation in Reproduction Biology
Module Credits Type Analysis and Presentation of Scientific Data 6 OB Case Studies in Cytogenerics and Reproduction Biology 6 OB Master's Dissertation 6 OB New Developments in Cytogenetics and Biology of Reproduction 6 OB Development, Cell Potency and Differenciation 6 OT* Integrated Laboratory for Reproduction Biology 9 OT* Reproduction-Associated Technology 12 OT* Research Methodology 9 OT** Work Experience 9 OT** * Specialization Compulsory
** Optional, you must take 9 credits
Ideal student profile
This master's degree is designed for graduates in areas related to biosciences and health sciences.
Previous studies may be recognised if you can demonstrate professional experience in a field related to cellbiology.
Four-year degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy, a three-year degree in biosciences or health sciences, or similar science and health science qualifications.
If you hold a degree in another area of knowledge, you may also be admitted once the UAB has studied the possibility of adapting or validating your previous academic experience.
* Weighted student record.
* Level of previous training in cellbiology.
* Professional or research experience in activities related to the specific fields of cellbiology offered in this master's degree.
* Reference letter(s).
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.