Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||9 September to 4 October, 2013|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2013|
|Credits:|| 60 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Training scientists and professionals with solid technological grounding in a leading-edge field in information technology. The training provided will touch on both the theoretical and practical aspects of the area and the necessary skills for working in top level academic and professional scientific environments.
* Adapting to changes and updating your knowledge throughout your career.
* Analysing an ill-defined problem and identifying the appropriate techniques for resolving it within the field of study of the master'sdegree.
* Analysing, summarising, organising and preparing research projects.
* Applying research methodology and specific resources to undertake research in the field of vision and artificialintelligence.
* Assuming responsibilities when necessary.
* Assessing the resources (personal, technological infrastructures, time) needed in order to solve a problem.
* Communicating clearly and effectively.
* Being aware of the latest innovations within this field.
* Taking on responsibility tasks in the management and planning of both public and private research, and directing groups and projects in multidisciplinary teams.
* Distinguishing technological transfer processes within the field of vision and artificialintelligence.
* Becoming a professional in the field and having a clear awareness of its human, economic, legal and ethical dimension and a clear commitment to quality.
* Knowing how to produce a well written scientific paper and presenting it to a specialist audience.
* Organising scientific literature by fields and using it to solve different problems.
* Resolving new problems that require the integration of various objectives under a specific set of constrictions.
This is a 1-year master'sdegree (60 ECTS), taught over 2 semesters of 30 credits each. The contents centre on techniques and problems in computervision (CV). The master's comprises 9 compulsory modules, of which 8 count for 6 ECTS, and a master's dissertation for 12 ECTS. This master'sdegree offers no specialisations or tracks, which means that all modules are compulsory.
TypeCredits Compulsory 48 Master's dissertation 12 TOTAL 60 Module titleCreditsType Image Sequence Analysis 6 Compulsory Computation for ComputerVision 6 Compulsory Comprehension of Images and Recognition of Objects 6 Compulsory Dissemination of Research 6 Compulsory Introduction to Human and Computational Vision 6 Compulsory Research Methods and Technology Transfer 6 Compulsory Optimisation and Inference for ComputerVision 6 Compulsory Master's dissertation 12 Compulsory 3D Computational Vision 6 Compulsory
Ideal student profile
The master'sdegree is addressed to those motivated by research and the activities for technological transfer, interested in a scientific career on an international level, or in using their scientific knowledge in a business environment, whether working in an R+D department or creating their own technologically based company.
It is basically aimed at engineers in Information Technologies or Telecommunications and graduates in Mathematics or Physics. It is also meant for technical engineers in Information Technologies or Telecommunications with a high motivation for research.
* Hold qualifications as an engineer in Information Technologies or Telecommunications, or a degree in Mathematics or Physics.
* Technical engineers in Information Technologies or Telecommunications with a high motivation for research may also be admitted.
* You may be admitted with other qualifications, or qualifications equivalent to Computer Engineering obtained abroad, with prior evaluation of your academic record. If your qualifications are in subjects that are very different from those in this programme, you will need to take an adaptation year to reach the minimum level of knowledge in this area.
The selection criteria are:
* Weighted student record: up to 4 points.
* Studies in fields related to the master'sdegree: up to 2 points.
* Professional or research experience, or integration into the labour market: up to 2 points.
* English skills: up to 2 points.
* Your reasons for being interested in the master'sdegree and research: up to 1 point.
Those interested in enrolling in this master'sdegree can apply for one of the grants offered by the CatalunyaCaixa Social Work for graduates enrolling in master's degrees. A total of 5,000 Euros is offered in one enrolment aid for this master'sdegree. To apply you must have an excellent student record, a Spanish passport and you must enrol in the course full-time. For more information please contact the master'sdegree coordinator.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.